U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  More than 3.8 billion somoni worth of industrial goods produced in Tajikistan in Jan-Apr 2015
-  Current gold and currency reserves of Tajikistan reportedly estimated at more than TJS 3.15 bln
-  Large amount of heroin seized in a joint operation by Tajik and Afghan drug control officers
-  30 Tajik fight alongside extremists in northern Afghanistan, says GBAO regional security chief
-  Tajikistan’s external trade turnover estimated at more than 1.3 billion USD in Jan-Apr 2015
-  Oxfam GB in Tajikistan, Ayni district administration sign MoU for implementation of CoDWSS project
-  Further deterioration of situation in Afghanistan may lead to increase in strength of Russian base
-  Tajik government buys up legally possessed pistols from the population
-  UN secretary general expected to visit Tajikistan next month
-  Tajik lawmakers back Tajik-Chinese extradition deal
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not