U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  Dushanbe mayor’s office provides financial aid to World War II veterans
-  160 new industrial enterprises expected to be introduced into operation in Sughd this year
-  Tajikistan earns 1.5 billion USD from fruit and vegetable exports per year
-  International race dedicated to Tajik Capital City Day held on April 19
-  C-JTSCC awards contracts with Tajikistan vendors in excess of one million USD
-  Hearing over TojikAzot’s case to start in Khatlon next week
-  IRP leader does not lose hope to regain market in Tursunzoda
-  Emomali Rahmon addresses parliament today
-  IWPR teaches local journalists the international standards of reporting
-  CSTO security council secretaries meet in Grozny to discuss Tajik-Afghan border management issues
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not