U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  Tajik president, US CENTCOM commander discuss Tajikistan-United States cooperation issues
-  Russian foreign minister pays an official visit to Tajikistan
-  Access to education in Tajikistan’s penitentiary system discussed in Dushanbe
-  TFT and Fenerbahce FC expected to open football academy in Dushanbe
-  Chinese foreign minister pays an official visit to Tajikistan
-  Head of IRP’s organization for GBAO gets jail term of 5 years for incitement of religious enmity
-  Russia values allied and strategic relations with Tajikistan, says Russian foreign minister
-  Tajikistan ready for intensification of political dialogue with Uzbekistan
-  Tajik president, Russian foreign minister discuss Tajik-Russian cooperation
-  Moscow court sentences four men from Tajikistan and Daghestan for membership in Hizb ut-Tahrir
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not