U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  EU announces new development funding to Tajikistan for 2014-2020
-  Tajik capital to host the 1st OIC Investment Forum on Central Asia
-  Tajik, Luxembourgish foreign ministers discuss cooperation issues
-  EBRD and Switzerland finance wastewater improvements in Khujand, Sughd province
-  IRP leader calls on the government to ensure holding of fair elections
-  The upcoming amnesty expected to apply to 10,000 people
-  20 Tajik Islamists reportedly held for 'plot to blow up' road tunnels
-  Tajik drug control official participates in inter-regional anti-drug meeting in Qatar
-  EU-Tajikistan Cooperation Council meets in Luxembourg today
-  USCENTCOM expected to purchase goods for Afghanistan from Central Asian nations
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not