U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  6,300 Tajik Muslims expected to perform the Hajj this year
-  President points to the necessity of fostering national consciousness
-  Syria’s Kurds to open first European office in Moscow
-  Leader of Tajik Salafists reportedly arrested
-  Resident of Farkhor detained with a large amount of narcotics
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not