U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  President Rahmon receives credentials of new ten ambassadors
-  EU – Tajikistan civil society seminar on freedom of media held in Dushanbe
-  Tajik foreign minister meets adviser to Pakistan’s prime minister in Islamabad
-  Resident of Panj detained with one kilo of heroin in Tursunzoda
-  IMF recommends to restructure Barqi Tojik under a foreign management contract
-  Alleged activist of Tajik opposition organization Group 24 arrested in Bishkek
-  National labor migration strategy for the period of 2011-2015 discussed in Dushanbe Friday
-  Tajik, Chinese defense ministers discuss cooperation issues
-  Tajikistan is reliable partner of the European Union in Central Asia, says Tajik leader
-  UNHCR Office in Tajikistan expected to organize briefing next month on its activities
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not