U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  GosKomInvest holds workshop to discuss business incubator development issues
-  CA companies to meet to discuss cooperation with Kazakhs and Russian commercial companies
-  EBRD takes new steps to boost trade finance in Tajikistan
-  UNHCR: Some 42,000 stateless persons live in Tajikistan
-  Soros says ready to invest $1 billion in Ukraine if West helps
-  Remittance flows from Russia to Tajikistan decline by 324 million USD
-  Tajik-Sino Mining Company builds metallurgical plant in Sughd
-  Two senior drug control officers detained on suspicion of bribe taking
-  China completes evacuation of its nationals from Yemen
-  Air strike kills at least 40 at Yemen camp for displaced people
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not