U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  First Tajik-French business forum opens in Dushanbe today
-  Kuwait intends to expand cooperation with Tajikistan in humanitarian sphere
-  Armed clashes in Afghan Kunduz may spread to Tajikistan, says Tajik expert
-  Residents of Tajikistan warned against swindlers issuing ‘permits’ for wearing beards and hijabs
-  National Guard conscription target reportedly reaches 95 percent
-  Tajik capital hosts the third auto retro exhibition
-  French companies interested in investing in Tajikistan’s economy
-  Tajik, U.S. delegations discussed recent developments in Afghanistan
-  Tajik woman describes how an IS militant invites her to join him in Syria
-  Tajik servicemen to be on Victory parade in Moscow
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not