U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  Tajik foreign minister meets Kuwaiti parliament speaker in Kuwait City
-  CPT candidates for parliamentary elections expected to pay electoral fees themselves
-  Qairoqqum HPP now meets only 18% of Sughd’s requirements in electricity
-  Remittances to developing countries to grow by 5 percent this year, says WB report
-  Tajikistan’s trade with European countries reportedly increases
-  Tajik, Czech presidents attend business forum in Dushanbe
-  Tajik opposition activist wounded in Moscow
-  Russia can lose 1 trillion rubles from budget revenues in 2015, says Russian finance minister
-  Tajik ambassador calls on fellow-countrymen to observe Russian legislation
-  Tajikistan, Russia reportedly draft new labor migration cooperation agreements
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not