U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  Authorities’ actions against Zayd Saidov politically motivated, says IRP political council
-  The 38th Annual Meeting of IsDB Group concludes in Dushanbe today
-  Great progress made in the areas of maternal and child health in Tajikistan since independence
-  Tajik parliament passes law repealing immunity of prosecutors and investigators
-  Spring conscription campaign target reportedly overfulfilled
-  Completion of the Istiqlol tunnel postponed for uncertain period
-  Information campaign launched against Zayd Saidov
-  Three more persons quit the initiative group for formation of “New Tajikistan” party
-  Eight half-finished apartment buildings to be handed over to Movarounnahr’s customers
-  Dushanbe court issues arrest warrant for former Tajik industry minister
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not