U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  Japan increases scholarship quota for Tajikistan beginning from 2017
-  More than 2,000 kilograms of gold produced in Tajikistan in H1 2016
-  Large scale exercises being conducted at the training grounds in Sughd
-  U.S. Democrats formally nominate Hillary Clinton for President
-  Production of gold at the Pakrut Gold Project expected to start in August
-  Dushanbe mayor introduces staff changes
-  HRW: Children detained in war zones; thousands held without charge, tortured
-  Tajikistan ranked 114th globally in terms of the number of Internet users
-  TALCO reportedly continues losing money
-  President gets acquainted with achievements of the country’s animal husbandry
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not