U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  Interior Ministry pays compensation to Khoushvakht Qayumov
-  Tajik deputy prime minister receives Airbus delegation
-  Tajikistan removed from USTR IP Watch List
-  Tajik national air carrier launches air route from Dushanbe to Beijing
-  U.S. Embassy provides new printing press to Media Alliance of Tajikistan
-  Not 15 but only 4 sites in Dushanbe considered to be of cultural significance
-  Share of Tajik migrants currently working reportedly begins climbing
-  Tajik emergency management agency warns of heavy rains in early May
-  Share of households selling assets to pay for basic needs reportedly rises in Tajikistan
-  Three Polish nationals detained on the Tajik-Kyrgyz border
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not