U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  Danish Crown Princess Mary visits the Pediatric Institute at the National Medical Center in Dushanbe
-  Tajik, Luxembourgish foreign ministers discuss cooperation issues
-  Tajikistan participates in the 16th CHINA MINING Conference and Exhibition 2014
-  Tajik ruling party expected to nominate 68 candidates for the Majlisi Namoyandagon
-  20 Tajik Islamists reportedly held for 'plot to blow up' road tunnels
-  Afghanistan saw record levels of opium poppy cultivation in 2013 despite US efforts
-  Deposits kept at Tajik banks reportedly rise nearly 18 percent
-  Tajik MP participates in working out CIS module law on local self-governance
-  Communists reportedly need 400,000 somoni to participate in the 2015 parliamentary elections
-  The President of the Czech Republic to pay an official visit to Tajikistan next month
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not