U.S. allocates $10mln for construction of Tajik national military training center
Dushanbe. June 25. “Asia-Plus” -- The Government of the United States allocated USD$ 10 million for construction of a national training center for the Tajik armed forces in Karatag, the U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Kenneth Gross spoke at a press conference in Dushanbe.
He said the facility is constructed in the frameworks of a long-term cooperation between Tajikistan’s armed forces and U.S. Central Command. “Within a year we will implement more than 60 events in line with cooperation between armed forces of our countries,” Ambassador Gross has said.
He added that the center will be used by the Tajik National Guards and all armed forces of the country.
“There will be no representatives of the U.S. forces in this training center. Trainers or staff will be attracted from the U.S. upon necessity,” Ambassador Gross stressed.
-  ISIL militants reportedly ready to exchange Japanese hostage and Jordanian pilot for 27 terrorists
-  Rates of fixed-line communication services rise in Tajikistan
-  HRW: Human rights situation deteriorates in Tajikistan in 2014
-  US financial services company puts Russia's credit rating below investment grade
-  CPT leader derides government for amendments proposed to the pension law
-  Approximately €158 million needed for full rehabilitation of the Qairoqqum power plant
-  Freedom House: Tajikistan rated ‘Not Free’ again
-  Tajik MFA says no Tajiks among those killed in Libya hotel attack
-  Tajik foreign minister, OSCE Office head discuss cooperation issues
-  SDP decides to participate in the 2015 parliamentary elections
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not