Tajikistan ready for coming of new foreign banks, says Tajik central bank head
DUSHANBE, January 23, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In connection with Tajikistan’s admission to the World Trade Organization (WTO), the number of branches of foreign banks may increase in Tajikistan, Abdujabbor Shirinov, Chairman of the National Bank of Tajikistan (NBT), announced at a news conference in Dushanbe on January 22.
According to him, Tajikistan is ready for coming of new foreign banks and opening of branches of new foreign banks will not affect the country’s banking system and activities of local banks.
“The coming of new banks will mean that that they trust our country and it will be a good experience for our banks because there will be a professional competition,” said Shirinov, “Representative offices and branches of six foreign banks now function in Tajikistan.”
142 credit organizations, including 16 banks and 299 their branches, two non-bank financial institutions and 124 microfinance organizations now function in Tajikistan, Tajik central bank head noted.
A branch of the National Bank of Pakistan (NBP) opened in Tajikistan last year.
-  Emomali Rakhmon gave a started for the construction of new medical facilities in Kulyab
-  IRP is preparing a response to the Ministry of Justice and continues to prepare for the congress
-  Tajikistan and Turkey have agreed to exchange the experience in the Free Economic Zone
-  The President opened a Beg Zuhurov`s Palace of Water Sports in Kulyab
-  Speaker of the lower chamber of the Tajik parliament was invited in Kuwait, Minsk and Baku
-  Tajikistan will help the Development Bank of China to find advantageous projects for the investment
-  Died a Head of the Journalists Union of Tajikistan Akbarali Sattorov
-  In Tajikistan launched the annual operation "Children"
-  In Dushanbe arrived the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the USA Rosenblum
-  National Bank and People`s Bank of China in a few days will sign an agreement for $ 500 million
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not