Tajikistan to conduct census of agriculture
DUSHANBE, April 25, 2011, Asia-Plus -- The Agency for Statistics under the President of Tajikistan plans to conduct the census of agriculture.
Ms. Bakhtiya Muhammadiyeva, chairperson of the Agency for Statistics, told reporters on April 25 that it will be the first census of agriculture in the country. “A working group comprising 23 specialists will be set up to conduct the census of agriculture across the country,” she said.
According to her, the project that will be coordinated with the ministries of agriculture, finance, economic development and trade, land management committee and other relevant agencies is expected to be submitted for consideration to the government in July this year.
“The census of agriculture will cover all categories of farms and its main parameters include areas under crops, livestock population, the number of agricultural machines and so forth,” Muhammadiyeva said, noting that the census of agriculture will allow defining an extent of development of the country’s agrarian sector, problems facing the sector as well as measures needed to promote further development of the agrarian sector.
-  Tajik handicrafts will go to Frankfurt fair
-  President gives start to construction of Sebzor power plant in GBAO’s Roshtqala district
-  Kazakh president expected to pay an official visit to Tajikistan in September
-  Many Tajiks recruited to fight alongside IS are returning home, says Tajik chief prosecutor
-  Kyrgyzstan sends humanitarian aid to Tajikistan for disaster affected regions
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not