Tajikistan to conduct census of agriculture
DUSHANBE, April 25, 2011, Asia-Plus -- The Agency for Statistics under the President of Tajikistan plans to conduct the census of agriculture.
Ms. Bakhtiya Muhammadiyeva, chairperson of the Agency for Statistics, told reporters on April 25 that it will be the first census of agriculture in the country. “A working group comprising 23 specialists will be set up to conduct the census of agriculture across the country,” she said.
According to her, the project that will be coordinated with the ministries of agriculture, finance, economic development and trade, land management committee and other relevant agencies is expected to be submitted for consideration to the government in July this year.
“The census of agriculture will cover all categories of farms and its main parameters include areas under crops, livestock population, the number of agricultural machines and so forth,” Muhammadiyeva said, noting that the census of agriculture will allow defining an extent of development of the country’s agrarian sector, problems facing the sector as well as measures needed to promote further development of the agrarian sector.
-  UCA IPPA, Tajik IPA launch certificate program on policy analysis
-  ADB OPERATIONS IN TAJIKISTAN “SUCCESSFUL” BUT MORE ATTENTION IS NEEDED
-  Rahmon congratulates Karimov on Uzbekistan’s Independence Day
-  Case of Zayd Saidov’s Lawyer Sent to Court
-  OSCE will provide Falsified Document Identification Devices to the New Dushanbe Airport Terminal
-  Chronicle: Highlights of August, 2014
-  ADB operations in Tajikistan “successful” but more attention needed for inclusion and sustainability
-  Aga Khan Museum in Toronto to open on September 18
-  New Tajik ambassador to India presents a copy of his credentials
-  Rahmon congratulates Atambayev on Kyrgyzstan’s Independence Day
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not