Tajikistan to conduct census of agriculture
DUSHANBE, April 25, 2011, Asia-Plus -- The Agency for Statistics under the President of Tajikistan plans to conduct the census of agriculture.
Ms. Bakhtiya Muhammadiyeva, chairperson of the Agency for Statistics, told reporters on April 25 that it will be the first census of agriculture in the country. “A working group comprising 23 specialists will be set up to conduct the census of agriculture across the country,” she said.
According to her, the project that will be coordinated with the ministries of agriculture, finance, economic development and trade, land management committee and other relevant agencies is expected to be submitted for consideration to the government in July this year.
“The census of agriculture will cover all categories of farms and its main parameters include areas under crops, livestock population, the number of agricultural machines and so forth,” Muhammadiyeva said, noting that the census of agriculture will allow defining an extent of development of the country’s agrarian sector, problems facing the sector as well as measures needed to promote further development of the agrarian sector.
-  Russian national who was killed in Panj was reportedly going to go Afghanistan for jihad
-  Training on greenhouse gases inventory and state of the environment report opens in Dushanbe
-  Three large enterprises to be built in president’s hometown
-  Main agreements on CASA 1000 Project signed in Istanbul last week
-  OSCE Office and Department of State’s INL hold round table on Public Councils
-  Tajik capital hosts the third auto retro exhibition
-  Tajik, U.S. delegations discussed recent developments in Afghanistan
-  French companies interested in investing in Tajikistan’s economy
-  Tajik woman describes how an IS militant invites her to join him in Syria
-  Tajik servicemen to be on Victory parade in Moscow
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not