Tajikistan to conduct census of agriculture
DUSHANBE, April 25, 2011, Asia-Plus -- The Agency for Statistics under the President of Tajikistan plans to conduct the census of agriculture.
Ms. Bakhtiya Muhammadiyeva, chairperson of the Agency for Statistics, told reporters on April 25 that it will be the first census of agriculture in the country. “A working group comprising 23 specialists will be set up to conduct the census of agriculture across the country,” she said.
According to her, the project that will be coordinated with the ministries of agriculture, finance, economic development and trade, land management committee and other relevant agencies is expected to be submitted for consideration to the government in July this year.
“The census of agriculture will cover all categories of farms and its main parameters include areas under crops, livestock population, the number of agricultural machines and so forth,” Muhammadiyeva said, noting that the census of agriculture will allow defining an extent of development of the country’s agrarian sector, problems facing the sector as well as measures needed to promote further development of the agrarian sector.
-  Tajik horse tour operator wins UIAA award
-  OSCE Office in Tajikistan supports government in switch-over to digitalization process
-  Leader of Moscow-based “Tajik Labor Migrants” public association detained
-  Central Asian militants in Syria pledge allegiance to IS
-  Kyrgyzstan seeks electricity from Turkmenistan
-  Russia expected to actively develop its military base in Tajikistan
-  Tajikistan ranked 102nd among 142 countries in terms of gender gap
-  Tajik government drafts national budget for 2015
-  Tajikistan blocks access to the Facebook social network again
-  Japan supports enhancement of energy and health sectors in Gorno Badakhshan
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not