Tajikistan to conduct census of agriculture
DUSHANBE, April 25, 2011, Asia-Plus -- The Agency for Statistics under the President of Tajikistan plans to conduct the census of agriculture.
Ms. Bakhtiya Muhammadiyeva, chairperson of the Agency for Statistics, told reporters on April 25 that it will be the first census of agriculture in the country. “A working group comprising 23 specialists will be set up to conduct the census of agriculture across the country,” she said.
According to her, the project that will be coordinated with the ministries of agriculture, finance, economic development and trade, land management committee and other relevant agencies is expected to be submitted for consideration to the government in July this year.
“The census of agriculture will cover all categories of farms and its main parameters include areas under crops, livestock population, the number of agricultural machines and so forth,” Muhammadiyeva said, noting that the census of agriculture will allow defining an extent of development of the country’s agrarian sector, problems facing the sector as well as measures needed to promote further development of the agrarian sector.
-  Emomali Rakhmon gave a started for the construction of new medical facilities in Kulyab
-  IRP is preparing a response to the Ministry of Justice and continues to prepare for the congress
-  Abdurahmon Alamshozoda will present Tajikistan on the CMIA meeting of CIS countries in Minsk
-  In Sogd a pensioner has built two bridges on the money saved up for Hajj
-  Open Day at the National Library of Tajikistan
-  The Head of Tajik Interior Ministry and US Assistant Secretary of USA discussed the plans of securit
-  E. Rakhmon participated in the military parade in Beijing
-  Tajik President has highly appreciated the Huawei project "Safe City"
-  Shukurjon Zuhurov left a memorable mark under the "Tree of Peace" in New York
-  Saudi Arabia has declared the living conditions of Tajik pilgrims the best in the world
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not