Tajikistan to conduct census of agriculture
DUSHANBE, April 25, 2011, Asia-Plus -- The Agency for Statistics under the President of Tajikistan plans to conduct the census of agriculture.
Ms. Bakhtiya Muhammadiyeva, chairperson of the Agency for Statistics, told reporters on April 25 that it will be the first census of agriculture in the country. “A working group comprising 23 specialists will be set up to conduct the census of agriculture across the country,” she said.
According to her, the project that will be coordinated with the ministries of agriculture, finance, economic development and trade, land management committee and other relevant agencies is expected to be submitted for consideration to the government in July this year.
“The census of agriculture will cover all categories of farms and its main parameters include areas under crops, livestock population, the number of agricultural machines and so forth,” Muhammadiyeva said, noting that the census of agriculture will allow defining an extent of development of the country’s agrarian sector, problems facing the sector as well as measures needed to promote further development of the agrarian sector.
-  DRC marks World Refugee Day in Tajikistan
-  Outgoing Swiss ambassador bids farewell to Tajik foreign minister
-  Khorog hosts celebrations dedicated to the 19th anniversary of National Unity Day of Tajikistan
-  Parliament speaker will report on the work carried out by the second session
-  Flight safety control drill conducted in Gorno Badakhshan
-  Turkey reprotedly apologizes for shooting down Russian jet
-  EU-funded CADAP discusses work plans with national partners in Tajikistan
-  Dushanbe to denounce agreement with Bishkek on simplification of naturalization procedure
-  Strong earthquake hits Kyrgyzstan, no injured reported
-  Mass brawl breaks out between Dagestanis and Central Asians at construction site in Leningrad oblast
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not