Tajikistan to conduct census of agriculture
DUSHANBE, April 25, 2011, Asia-Plus -- The Agency for Statistics under the President of Tajikistan plans to conduct the census of agriculture.
Ms. Bakhtiya Muhammadiyeva, chairperson of the Agency for Statistics, told reporters on April 25 that it will be the first census of agriculture in the country. “A working group comprising 23 specialists will be set up to conduct the census of agriculture across the country,” she said.
According to her, the project that will be coordinated with the ministries of agriculture, finance, economic development and trade, land management committee and other relevant agencies is expected to be submitted for consideration to the government in July this year.
“The census of agriculture will cover all categories of farms and its main parameters include areas under crops, livestock population, the number of agricultural machines and so forth,” Muhammadiyeva said, noting that the census of agriculture will allow defining an extent of development of the country’s agrarian sector, problems facing the sector as well as measures needed to promote further development of the agrarian sector.
-  Tajikistan’s cotton fiber exports reportedly fall 45 percent
-  Two police officers detained with a large amount of heroin in Dushanbe
-  More than 6.1 billion somoni worth of industrial goods produced in Tajikistan in Jan-Aug 2014
-  IPPA hosts seminar on micro, small and medium enterprises in Tajikistan
-  Russian police arrest alleged smugglers of Afghan heroin
-  Exhibition of export goods from China’s XUAR takes place in Dushanbe
-  Iran may import fresh water from Tajikistan
-  Tajikistan to join the Apostille Convention
-  Tajik president says 200 Tajik jihadists fight in Iraq, Syria
-  Two killed in meat processing plant fire in Qurghon Teppa
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not