Tajikistan, Bangladesh to boost bilateral cooperation
DUSHANBE, May 29, Asia-Plus - Bangladeshi Ambassador to Tajikistan Shamim Ahsan today morning presented credentials to President Emomali Rahmon.
According to presidential press service, after a credentials-presenting ceremony, the two discussed issues related to state and prospects of expansion of bilateral cooperation between Tajikistan and Bangladesh in various spheres.
In the course of the talks President Rahmon noted that Tajikistan is interested in expanding mutually beneficial political, economic and cultural cooperation with South Asia’s states.
During the meeting, it was noted that Tajikistan and Bangladesh have good potentials to expand bilateral economic cooperation. Both sides vowed to boost bilateral trade, which currently does not correspondent to its real potential, presidential press service said.
Rahmon and Ahsan also exchanged views on international and regional security. It was noted that Tajikistan and Bangladesh share similar stances on a number of issues of international policy that paves the way for further expansion of cooperation between them.
-  Business delegation of Russia’s Ivanovo oblast expected to visit Tajikistan
-  A joint military exercise conducted for Tajik and Russian servicemen in Gorno Badakhshan
-  NBT has needs in Chinese investments to support Tajikistan’s balance of payments
-  Quite a strong earthquake hits Rasht Valley
-  Tajik authorities deny information of Iranian fuel deliveries to Tajikistan as ‘baseless’
-  Tajik government buys up legally possessed pistols from the population
-  Heads of CIS nations’ security services gather in Dushanbe to discuss cooperation issues
-  UN secretary general expected to visit Tajikistan next month
-  Tajik lawmakers back Tajik-Chinese extradition deal
-  Ambassadors of Palestine, Iran and Turkey visit Tajik MFA
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not