Tajikistan, Bangladesh to boost bilateral cooperation
DUSHANBE, May 29, Asia-Plus - Bangladeshi Ambassador to Tajikistan Shamim Ahsan today morning presented credentials to President Emomali Rahmon.
According to presidential press service, after a credentials-presenting ceremony, the two discussed issues related to state and prospects of expansion of bilateral cooperation between Tajikistan and Bangladesh in various spheres.
In the course of the talks President Rahmon noted that Tajikistan is interested in expanding mutually beneficial political, economic and cultural cooperation with South Asia’s states.
During the meeting, it was noted that Tajikistan and Bangladesh have good potentials to expand bilateral economic cooperation. Both sides vowed to boost bilateral trade, which currently does not correspondent to its real potential, presidential press service said.
Rahmon and Ahsan also exchanged views on international and regional security. It was noted that Tajikistan and Bangladesh share similar stances on a number of issues of international policy that paves the way for further expansion of cooperation between them.
-  Mass brawl breaks out between Dagestanis and Central Asians at construction site in Leningrad oblast
-  Tajikistan reduces fuel imports despite increasing demand for POL
-  Bank Eskhata offers agricultural loan product to its customers
-  Tajik student gets a jail term of 14 years for ties to Jabhat al-Nusra
-  Trial of two alleged Salafists starts in northern Tajikistan
-  SCO leaders vow to raise regional cooperation to "qualitatively new level"
-  Turkey reprotedly apologizes for shooting down Russian jet
-  President Rahmon pays working visit to GBAO
-  Khorog hosts celebrations dedicated to the 19th anniversary of National Unity Day of Tajikistan
-  Flight safety control drill conducted in Gorno Badakhshan
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not