Tajikistan, Bangladesh to boost bilateral cooperation
DUSHANBE, May 29, Asia-Plus - Bangladeshi Ambassador to Tajikistan Shamim Ahsan today morning presented credentials to President Emomali Rahmon.
According to presidential press service, after a credentials-presenting ceremony, the two discussed issues related to state and prospects of expansion of bilateral cooperation between Tajikistan and Bangladesh in various spheres.
In the course of the talks President Rahmon noted that Tajikistan is interested in expanding mutually beneficial political, economic and cultural cooperation with South Asia’s states.
During the meeting, it was noted that Tajikistan and Bangladesh have good potentials to expand bilateral economic cooperation. Both sides vowed to boost bilateral trade, which currently does not correspondent to its real potential, presidential press service said.
Rahmon and Ahsan also exchanged views on international and regional security. It was noted that Tajikistan and Bangladesh share similar stances on a number of issues of international policy that paves the way for further expansion of cooperation between them.
-  Representatives of political parties to gather in Khujand to discuss 2015 parliamentary elections
-  Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan to jointly practice disaster relief
-  Missing girl found safe
-  Four defendants from Vahdat claim they suffered torture during the preliminary investigation
-  New charges reprotedly brought against jailed Tajik tycoon
-  Seven CIS nations take training to improve interaction between control units of Joint CIS AD System
-  The number of terrorism-related crimes reportedly increases in Tajikistan
-  Tajik, Luxembourgish foreign ministers discuss cooperation issues
-  EU announces new development funding to Tajikistan for 2014-2020
-  EIB, Tajikistan continue development of joint projects
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not