Tajik Interior Ministry sets up special youth crime prevention collegiums
Tajik Interior Ministry is hosting a session of special youth crime prevention collegiums.
The session, which opened today, is presided over by Tajik Interior Minister, Lieutenant General Ramazon Rahimov. The collegiums consists of members of the collegiums of the interior ministry, officers from related services dealing with youth crimes.
As reported by Tajik Interior Ministry, session participants have discussed youth crime prevention, ongoing youth neglect and abuse prevention measures. Both law enforcement structures and society are concerned over the growing rate of youth crimes. In the course of his recent meeting with students and university teachers Tajik Interior Minister stressed that one fourth of all crimes in the country are committed by young people.
“These are mainly crimes referring to illicit drug trafficking, theft and hooliganism. The number of fights with the use of cold arms is also growing. Thus, students committed 25 such crimes in the first four months this year,” Tajik Interior Minister said.
These figures are quite high for such small country as Tajikistan, he added.
-  Tajik politician suggested a creation of alternative trade unions in the country
-  Prime Minister of Tajikistan requested to take prompt actions to reduce country's dependence on impo
-  Garkun has personally inspected the venue for the meeting of the CIS Heads of Governments in Dushanb
-  On Fakhrabad started anti-drug exercises "Thunder 2015"of CSTO member states
-  Freedom House called Tajikistan the authoritarian state
-  In Pamir will be held a wildlife festival
-  Kabiri: law abidance is not a weakness
-  CASA-1000 has started to assess a number of tender offers
-  Promised by Rakhmon rise of salaries and pensions is postponed
-  Chait: Even the rockslide from heaven will not prevent the IRP to hold the congress