Tajik Foreign Minister leaves for Paris
Dushanbe. 11 February. “Asia-Plus” - Yesterday, February 10th, Tajik Foreign Minister Hamrokhon Zarifi departed to Paris to take part in the official opening of the “International year of water cooperation 2013” due in UNESCO Headquarters today.
According to the Tajik Foreign Ministry’s press service, in the course of his visit Tajik FM is scheduled to speak at the opening ceremony and meet with UNESCO Secretary General Irina Bokova.
On December 21, 2012, UN General Assembly adopted resolution on the “Conduction of the International year of water cooperation 2013” which was designed and proposed by Tajikistan.
According to the resolution, on March 22, 2013, New York will host the UN General Assembly’s high level Interactive dialogue, which will be dedicated to the International year of water cooperation 2013. In August 2013 Dushanbe will host a high level international conference on water cooperation.
-  Female member of Jamaat Ansarullah from Sughd reportedly fights in Afghanistan
-  Majlisi Namoyandagon board discusses amnesty draft law
-  Conference to discuss Tajikistan-Russia cooperation opens in Moscow
-  A number of documents signed during the Economic and Investment Forum in Dushanbe
-  Representatives of political parties to gather in Khujand to discuss 2015 parliamentary elections
-  The upcoming amnesty expected to apply to 10,000 people
-  20 Tajik Islamists reportedly held for 'plot to blow up' road tunnels
-  Tajik drug control official participates in inter-regional anti-drug meeting in Qatar
-  EU-Tajikistan Cooperation Council meets in Luxembourg today
-  USCENTCOM expected to purchase goods for Afghanistan from Central Asian nations
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not