Tajik Foreign Minister leaves for Paris
Dushanbe. 11 February. “Asia-Plus” - Yesterday, February 10th, Tajik Foreign Minister Hamrokhon Zarifi departed to Paris to take part in the official opening of the “International year of water cooperation 2013” due in UNESCO Headquarters today.
According to the Tajik Foreign Ministry’s press service, in the course of his visit Tajik FM is scheduled to speak at the opening ceremony and meet with UNESCO Secretary General Irina Bokova.
On December 21, 2012, UN General Assembly adopted resolution on the “Conduction of the International year of water cooperation 2013” which was designed and proposed by Tajikistan.
According to the resolution, on March 22, 2013, New York will host the UN General Assembly’s high level Interactive dialogue, which will be dedicated to the International year of water cooperation 2013. In August 2013 Dushanbe will host a high level international conference on water cooperation.
-  Russian specialists have trained more than 220 junior commanders for the Tajik national army
-  Elections of members of the parliament upper house to take place tomorrow
-  Tajikistan reduces flour imports
-  Kyrgyz researcher proposes to adopt Tajikistan’s experience in constructing small HPPs
-  World powers frighten Tajikistan with IS and Taliban threats, says Tajik expert
-  Conditions to enable the World Bank investment in Tajikistan’s agrarian sector
-  Kyrgyz authorities stop Tajiks from joining IS militants in Syria
-  ADB: Tajikistan is highly vulnerbale to external shocks
-  Saudi Arabia launches coalition operation against Houthi rebels in Yemen
-  Kuwait reportedly studies opportunities for investment in Tajikistan’s economy
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not