Tajik Foreign Minister leaves for Paris
Dushanbe. 11 February. “Asia-Plus” - Yesterday, February 10th, Tajik Foreign Minister Hamrokhon Zarifi departed to Paris to take part in the official opening of the “International year of water cooperation 2013” due in UNESCO Headquarters today.
According to the Tajik Foreign Ministry’s press service, in the course of his visit Tajik FM is scheduled to speak at the opening ceremony and meet with UNESCO Secretary General Irina Bokova.
On December 21, 2012, UN General Assembly adopted resolution on the “Conduction of the International year of water cooperation 2013” which was designed and proposed by Tajikistan.
According to the resolution, on March 22, 2013, New York will host the UN General Assembly’s high level Interactive dialogue, which will be dedicated to the International year of water cooperation 2013. In August 2013 Dushanbe will host a high level international conference on water cooperation.
-  Impact of Tajikistan’s membership in WTO discussed in Dushanbe
-  Regional explosive ordnance disposal course held in Tajik capital
-  Two ethnic Uzbek Taliban fighters from Tajikistan sentenced
-  Autumn conscription campaign starts in Tajikistan today
-  IFC, Eskhata Bank to expand SME finance in Tajikistan
-  US Gov provides additional $3.2 million dollars to support law enforcement law in Tajikistan
-  Japan signs grant agreement for improvement of Dushanbe International Airport
-  WFP welcomes Russia’s contribution of $ 5 million for Tajikistan
-  Reckless driving leaves one woman dead in Dushanbe
-  Japan supports enhancement of education and health sectors in northern Tajikistan
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not