Tajik Foreign Minister leaves for Paris
Dushanbe. 11 February. “Asia-Plus” - Yesterday, February 10th, Tajik Foreign Minister Hamrokhon Zarifi departed to Paris to take part in the official opening of the “International year of water cooperation 2013” due in UNESCO Headquarters today.
According to the Tajik Foreign Ministry’s press service, in the course of his visit Tajik FM is scheduled to speak at the opening ceremony and meet with UNESCO Secretary General Irina Bokova.
On December 21, 2012, UN General Assembly adopted resolution on the “Conduction of the International year of water cooperation 2013” which was designed and proposed by Tajikistan.
According to the resolution, on March 22, 2013, New York will host the UN General Assembly’s high level Interactive dialogue, which will be dedicated to the International year of water cooperation 2013. In August 2013 Dushanbe will host a high level international conference on water cooperation.
-  China acquires 16,000 square kilometers of what was once Central Asian land
-  Afghan president scheduled to pay an official visit to Tajikistan next week
-  Tajik national air carrier launches air route from Dushanbe to Beijing
-  Case of Russian officer suspected of killing Tajik woman remitted for further inquiry
-  USCIRF recommends that the U.S. government designate Tajikistan a “country of particular concern”
-  Tajik private airline launches air route to Afghanistan
-  Russia hopes the only Russian theater will be preserved in Tajikistan
-  Tajik authorities ban use of Russian-style last names for ethnic Tajik children?
-  Tajikistan reportedly provides 16 mln USD to cover costs for its embassies activities
-  About 60 alleged Salafists detained in Samara
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not