Tajik Foreign Minister leaves for Paris
Dushanbe. 11 February. “Asia-Plus” - Yesterday, February 10th, Tajik Foreign Minister Hamrokhon Zarifi departed to Paris to take part in the official opening of the “International year of water cooperation 2013” due in UNESCO Headquarters today.
According to the Tajik Foreign Ministry’s press service, in the course of his visit Tajik FM is scheduled to speak at the opening ceremony and meet with UNESCO Secretary General Irina Bokova.
On December 21, 2012, UN General Assembly adopted resolution on the “Conduction of the International year of water cooperation 2013” which was designed and proposed by Tajikistan.
According to the resolution, on March 22, 2013, New York will host the UN General Assembly’s high level Interactive dialogue, which will be dedicated to the International year of water cooperation 2013. In August 2013 Dushanbe will host a high level international conference on water cooperation.
-  Interior minister inspects the assault company of special police unit
-  Construction of Coca-Cola Nushokihoi Tojikiston plant expected to be finished in April 215
-  Police, SCNS, National Guard special units conduct joint anti-terrorism exercise
-  Uzbek foreign minister to visit Tajikistan in late July
-  Zayd Saidov’s lawyer faces charges of bribery, attempted crime and complicity in crime
-  ‘Investigation into my case is carried out without bias,’ says Alexander Sodiqov
-  More than 19,000 Tajik reportedly dropped Russian-style endings in their surnames in Jan-Jun 2014
-  More than 8,500 people serve their jail terms in penal colonies in Tajikistan
-  The length of regular service can be cut back from 24 to 18 months in Tajikistan
-  110 Tajik nationals reportedly fighting in Syria on the side of rebel forces
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not