Tajik Foreign Minister leaves for Paris
Dushanbe. 11 February. “Asia-Plus” - Yesterday, February 10th, Tajik Foreign Minister Hamrokhon Zarifi departed to Paris to take part in the official opening of the “International year of water cooperation 2013” due in UNESCO Headquarters today.
According to the Tajik Foreign Ministry’s press service, in the course of his visit Tajik FM is scheduled to speak at the opening ceremony and meet with UNESCO Secretary General Irina Bokova.
On December 21, 2012, UN General Assembly adopted resolution on the “Conduction of the International year of water cooperation 2013” which was designed and proposed by Tajikistan.
According to the resolution, on March 22, 2013, New York will host the UN General Assembly’s high level Interactive dialogue, which will be dedicated to the International year of water cooperation 2013. In August 2013 Dushanbe will host a high level international conference on water cooperation.
-  Tajikistan attracted US$2.877 billion in FDI in eight years
-  Four Tajik top tank crews to compete in the Tank Biathlon World Championship in Russia
-  Remittance flows to Tajikistan reportedly decline by 22.1 percent
-  Madrasahs shut down in Sughd province
-  A three-route flyover expected to be constructed in Dushanbe in two years
-  Rahmon signs laws proposing amendments to the country’s Constitution
-  First assembly meeting of EC-sponsored uranium mining legacy fund held last week
-  World Bank revises Tajikistan’s growth forecasts downward
-  Briefing on security situation in Afghanistan held in Dushanbe last week
-  ISIS terrorist attack leaves 80 dead in Kabul
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not