Tajik Foreign Minister leaves for Paris
Dushanbe. 11 February. “Asia-Plus” - Yesterday, February 10th, Tajik Foreign Minister Hamrokhon Zarifi departed to Paris to take part in the official opening of the “International year of water cooperation 2013” due in UNESCO Headquarters today.
According to the Tajik Foreign Ministry’s press service, in the course of his visit Tajik FM is scheduled to speak at the opening ceremony and meet with UNESCO Secretary General Irina Bokova.
On December 21, 2012, UN General Assembly adopted resolution on the “Conduction of the International year of water cooperation 2013” which was designed and proposed by Tajikistan.
According to the resolution, on March 22, 2013, New York will host the UN General Assembly’s high level Interactive dialogue, which will be dedicated to the International year of water cooperation 2013. In August 2013 Dushanbe will host a high level international conference on water cooperation.
-  More than US$447.2 million invested in Tajikistan’s mining sector since 2007
-  Tojikstandart funds construction of new frontier post in Isfara
-  Daytime temperatures expected to fall sharply within the next two days
-  Body of missing five-year-old Dushanbe girl found in Hisor district
-  U$1.668 billion remitted to Tajikistan from Russia in H1 2014
-  More than 6.1 billion somoni worth of industrial goods produced in Tajikistan in Jan-Aug 2014
-  Tajik coalminers reach the 2013 level
-  Tajik Cultural Center opens in Rotterdam
-  Regional seminar on constitutional law within the EU rule-of-law initiative for Central Asia
-  Tajikistan reportedly increases oil product imports by 60 percent
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not