Somon Air to operate flights from Khujand to Moscow
DUSHANBE, March 20, Asia-Plus -- Tajik private air carrier, Somon Air, will operate flight from Khujand, the capital of Tajik northern province of Sughd, to Moscow beginning on March 31.
The flight will be operated three times a week – on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The price for air ticket for the flight from Khujand to Moscow is set at more than 400.00 USD and the price for air ticket for the flight from Moscow to Khujand is set at 370.00 USD.
Besides, the frequency of flights from Dushanbe to Istanbul will be increased from one to two flights per week as of April 1, 2014.
Somon Air is an airline based in Dushanbe. It is Tajikistan's first private airline. Somon Air is also the first airline in Tajikistan to launch an online booking system.
The airline uses the Boeing 737 in its fleet.
The company now flies to the following destinations: China (Urumqi); Germany (Frankfurt am Main); Kazakhstan (Almaty); Russia (Irkutsk, Khanty-Mansisysk, Kazan, Krasnodar, Krasnoyarsk, Moscow, Orenburg, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Nizhnevartovsk, Novosibirsk, Tuymen and Yekaterinburg); Saudi Arabia (Jeddah); Tajikistan (Khujand); Turkey (Istanbul); Ukraine (Simferopol, Kyiv); and the United Arab Emirates (Dubai).
Somon Air plans to launch the flight from Khujand to Urumqi and increase the frequency of flights from Dushanbe to Urumqi from one to two flights per week in the near future.
-  In Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, rumors of instability abound as fears of IS grow
-  Economic bloc ministries report to parliament on the 2014 budget administration process
-  Tajik parliament speaker meets in Moscow representatives of Tajik Diasporas in Russia
-  IPHR: Clerics support Tajik authorities to prevent perceived attempts to “destabilize” the situation
-  More than 90 residents of Sughd wanted by police for involvement in terrorism and extremism
-  Tajikistan asks Russia to simplify the system of tests for migrant workers
-  Tajik parliament speaker proposes to open Tajik schools in Moscow oblast
-  Danish Crown Princess Mary visits the Pediatric Institute at the National Medical Center in Dushanbe
-  Tajik FM meets Danish Crown Princess Mary and WHO regional director for Europe
-  Tajik ruling party expected to nominate 68 candidates for the Majlisi Namoyandagon