Somon Air to operate flights from Khujand to Moscow
DUSHANBE, March 20, Asia-Plus -- Tajik private air carrier, Somon Air, will operate flight from Khujand, the capital of Tajik northern province of Sughd, to Moscow beginning on March 31.
The flight will be operated three times a week – on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The price for air ticket for the flight from Khujand to Moscow is set at more than 400.00 USD and the price for air ticket for the flight from Moscow to Khujand is set at 370.00 USD.
Besides, the frequency of flights from Dushanbe to Istanbul will be increased from one to two flights per week as of April 1, 2014.
Somon Air is an airline based in Dushanbe. It is Tajikistan's first private airline. Somon Air is also the first airline in Tajikistan to launch an online booking system.
The airline uses the Boeing 737 in its fleet.
The company now flies to the following destinations: China (Urumqi); Germany (Frankfurt am Main); Kazakhstan (Almaty); Russia (Irkutsk, Khanty-Mansisysk, Kazan, Krasnodar, Krasnoyarsk, Moscow, Orenburg, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Nizhnevartovsk, Novosibirsk, Tuymen and Yekaterinburg); Saudi Arabia (Jeddah); Tajikistan (Khujand); Turkey (Istanbul); Ukraine (Simferopol, Kyiv); and the United Arab Emirates (Dubai).
Somon Air plans to launch the flight from Khujand to Urumqi and increase the frequency of flights from Dushanbe to Urumqi from one to two flights per week in the near future.
-  Tajik deputy foreign minister, UNRCCA official discuss cooperation issues
-  Tajikistan to boost trade and economic cooperation with UK and South Korea
-  Whether Tajik authorities will allow any opposition parties to win seats in parliament
-  One killed, one injured in avalanche in northern Tajikistan
-  Khalton governor concerned over participation of local youth in foreign armed conflicts
-  Native of Tajikistan arrested in Moscow on charges of creating pro-IS website
-  World Bank invests in Tajikistan’s regional transport connectivity
-  21 Central Asian Taliban fighters detained in anti-terror operation in Afghan Badakhshan
-  Afghan law enforcement authorities say 10 Afghan smugglers killed on Tajik border this year
-  Dushanbe mayor’s office accuses national TV channel of bias