Somon Air to operate flights from Khujand to Moscow
DUSHANBE, March 20, Asia-Plus -- Tajik private air carrier, Somon Air, will operate flight from Khujand, the capital of Tajik northern province of Sughd, to Moscow beginning on March 31.
The flight will be operated three times a week – on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The price for air ticket for the flight from Khujand to Moscow is set at more than 400.00 USD and the price for air ticket for the flight from Moscow to Khujand is set at 370.00 USD.
Besides, the frequency of flights from Dushanbe to Istanbul will be increased from one to two flights per week as of April 1, 2014.
Somon Air is an airline based in Dushanbe. It is Tajikistan's first private airline. Somon Air is also the first airline in Tajikistan to launch an online booking system.
The airline uses the Boeing 737 in its fleet.
The company now flies to the following destinations: China (Urumqi); Germany (Frankfurt am Main); Kazakhstan (Almaty); Russia (Irkutsk, Khanty-Mansisysk, Kazan, Krasnodar, Krasnoyarsk, Moscow, Orenburg, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Nizhnevartovsk, Novosibirsk, Tuymen and Yekaterinburg); Saudi Arabia (Jeddah); Tajikistan (Khujand); Turkey (Istanbul); Ukraine (Simferopol, Kyiv); and the United Arab Emirates (Dubai).
Somon Air plans to launch the flight from Khujand to Urumqi and increase the frequency of flights from Dushanbe to Urumqi from one to two flights per week in the near future.
-  This year’s cereal production in Tajikistan reportedly decreases by 5 percent
-  BCFOC expected to set up its regional operation group in Tajikistan
-  Tajikistan Increased Electricity Supply to Afghanistan
-  Russia raises rates in emergency move as ruble collapses
-  Following Russia the Ruble Collapsed in Tajikistan too
-  Collapse of Russian ruble affects many families in Tajikistan
-  OSCE provides training for Aarhus Centers and environmental NGOs in Tajikistan
-  50 Tajik nationals detained in FMS’s raid in Moscow
-  Imagine the world where all the rights of all children are respected!
-  Tajikistan’s external trade turnover estimated at more than 4.8 billion USD in Jan-Nov 2014