Somon Air to operate flights from Khujand to Moscow
DUSHANBE, March 20, Asia-Plus -- Tajik private air carrier, Somon Air, will operate flight from Khujand, the capital of Tajik northern province of Sughd, to Moscow beginning on March 31.
The flight will be operated three times a week – on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The price for air ticket for the flight from Khujand to Moscow is set at more than 400.00 USD and the price for air ticket for the flight from Moscow to Khujand is set at 370.00 USD.
Besides, the frequency of flights from Dushanbe to Istanbul will be increased from one to two flights per week as of April 1, 2014.
Somon Air is an airline based in Dushanbe. It is Tajikistan's first private airline. Somon Air is also the first airline in Tajikistan to launch an online booking system.
The airline uses the Boeing 737 in its fleet.
The company now flies to the following destinations: China (Urumqi); Germany (Frankfurt am Main); Kazakhstan (Almaty); Russia (Irkutsk, Khanty-Mansisysk, Kazan, Krasnodar, Krasnoyarsk, Moscow, Orenburg, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Nizhnevartovsk, Novosibirsk, Tuymen and Yekaterinburg); Saudi Arabia (Jeddah); Tajikistan (Khujand); Turkey (Istanbul); Ukraine (Simferopol, Kyiv); and the United Arab Emirates (Dubai).
Somon Air plans to launch the flight from Khujand to Urumqi and increase the frequency of flights from Dushanbe to Urumqi from one to two flights per week in the near future.
-  Further deterioration of situation in Afghanistan may lead to increase in strength of Russian base
-  Tajik ruling party expected to discuss the 2015 parliamentary elections results in late May
-  Tajik lawmakers back Tajik-Chinese extradition deal
-  Annual meeting of shareholder of OJSC NBO Roghun held in Dushanbe today
-  Tajik government buys up legally possessed pistols from the population