Somon Air to operate flights from Khujand to Moscow
DUSHANBE, March 20, Asia-Plus -- Tajik private air carrier, Somon Air, will operate flight from Khujand, the capital of Tajik northern province of Sughd, to Moscow beginning on March 31.
The flight will be operated three times a week – on Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays.
The price for air ticket for the flight from Khujand to Moscow is set at more than 400.00 USD and the price for air ticket for the flight from Moscow to Khujand is set at 370.00 USD.
Besides, the frequency of flights from Dushanbe to Istanbul will be increased from one to two flights per week as of April 1, 2014.
Somon Air is an airline based in Dushanbe. It is Tajikistan's first private airline. Somon Air is also the first airline in Tajikistan to launch an online booking system.
The airline uses the Boeing 737 in its fleet.
The company now flies to the following destinations: China (Urumqi); Germany (Frankfurt am Main); Kazakhstan (Almaty); Russia (Irkutsk, Khanty-Mansisysk, Kazan, Krasnodar, Krasnoyarsk, Moscow, Orenburg, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Nizhnevartovsk, Novosibirsk, Tuymen and Yekaterinburg); Saudi Arabia (Jeddah); Tajikistan (Khujand); Turkey (Istanbul); Ukraine (Simferopol, Kyiv); and the United Arab Emirates (Dubai).
Somon Air plans to launch the flight from Khujand to Urumqi and increase the frequency of flights from Dushanbe to Urumqi from one to two flights per week in the near future.
-  Training on social work with people who use drugs
-  ISIS terrorist attack leaves 80 dead in Kabul
-  Police officer providing driver services to ringleader helps solve child abduction crime
-  Donald Trump says he'll look into issue of Crimea
-  Teenage killer Ali Sonboly 'inspired by far-right terrorist Anders Breivik'
-  Construction of the TAT railway remains questionable, says Tajik railway official
-  Coordinating Committee on Trade Facilitation of Tajikistan prepares to begin its work
-  The detained child abductor reportedly not involved in the previous child abduction cases
-  Japan increases scholarship quota for Tajikistan beginning from 2017
-  President inaugurates a number of new social and educational facilities in Hamadoni district