Somon air launches air route to Kyiv and new air route to Sochi
DUSHANBE, March 29, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Tajik air company, Somon Air, has launched an air route from Dushanbe to Kyiv (Ukraine) and from Khujand to Sochi (Russsia).
According to the Somon Air press center, the first flight from Khujand, the capital of the northern Sughd province, to Sochi will be operated on April 1. A ticket for the flight costs 180.00 euros. The flight will be operated once a week, on Sundays.
Somon Air will operate flights from Dushanbe to the Ukrainian capital Kyiv beginning on April 4. An economy class ticket for the flight costs 220 euros and a business class ticket costs 530 euros. This once-weekly service will be operated on Wednesdays.
Somon Air is an airline based in Dushanbe. It is Tajikistan's first private airline. Somon Air is also the first airline in Tajikistan to launch an online booking system. The airline uses the Boeing 737 in its fleet.
Somon Air now operates to the following destinations: China (Urumqi); Germany (Frankfurt am Main); Kazakhstan (Almaty); Russia (Irkuts, Khanty-Mansisysk, Kazan, Krasnodar, Krasnoyarsk, Moscow, Orenburg, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Nizhnevartovsk, Novosibirsk, Tuymen and Yekaterinburg); Saudi Arabia (Jeddah); Tajikistan (Khujand); Turkey (Istanbul); Ukraine (Simferopol); and the United Arab Emirates (Dubai).
-  IPHR: Clerics support Tajik authorities to prevent perceived attempts to “destabilize” the situation
-  Tajik parliament speaker meets in Moscow representatives of Tajik Diasporas in Russia
-  Tajikistan’s aluminum exports reportedly fall nearly 40 percent
-  Upper houses of Tajik and Russian parliaments to sign cooperation agreement
-  Delegation of Tajik ruling party visits China
-  Danish Crown Princess Mary visits the Pediatric Institute at the National Medical Center in Dushanbe
-  Tajik FM meets Danish Crown Princess Mary and WHO regional director for Europe
-  Tajik ruling party expected to nominate 68 candidates for the Majlisi Namoyandagon
-  USD exchange rate has risen in Tajikistan over the past week
-  Tajik, Russian parliaments sign cooperation agreement