Somon air launches air route to Kyiv and new air route to Sochi
DUSHANBE, March 29, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Tajik air company, Somon Air, has launched an air route from Dushanbe to Kyiv (Ukraine) and from Khujand to Sochi (Russsia).
According to the Somon Air press center, the first flight from Khujand, the capital of the northern Sughd province, to Sochi will be operated on April 1. A ticket for the flight costs 180.00 euros. The flight will be operated once a week, on Sundays.
Somon Air will operate flights from Dushanbe to the Ukrainian capital Kyiv beginning on April 4. An economy class ticket for the flight costs 220 euros and a business class ticket costs 530 euros. This once-weekly service will be operated on Wednesdays.
Somon Air is an airline based in Dushanbe. It is Tajikistan's first private airline. Somon Air is also the first airline in Tajikistan to launch an online booking system. The airline uses the Boeing 737 in its fleet.
Somon Air now operates to the following destinations: China (Urumqi); Germany (Frankfurt am Main); Kazakhstan (Almaty); Russia (Irkuts, Khanty-Mansisysk, Kazan, Krasnodar, Krasnoyarsk, Moscow, Orenburg, St. Petersburg, Sochi, Nizhnevartovsk, Novosibirsk, Tuymen and Yekaterinburg); Saudi Arabia (Jeddah); Tajikistan (Khujand); Turkey (Istanbul); Ukraine (Simferopol); and the United Arab Emirates (Dubai).
-  Tajikistan-Germany political consultations held in Dushanbe
-  Israeli parliamentarians expected to visit Tajikistan next week
-  Human rights NGO urges Tajik authorities to investigate lawfulness of police officers’ actions
-  Tajik army described as the weakest one within the post-Soviet area
-  Head of Committee for Women’s Affairs calls on local women to wear Tajik national dress