Ruling PDPT prepares for 2013 Presidential election
The ruling People’s and Democratic party of Tajikistan is setting up mobile agitation groups. The groups are being set up at election and reporting meetings which started in middle May and will last till late June in all branches of the party.
In his interview to AP head of the party’s Agitation, Propaganda and PR Department Usmon Solekhov said that agitation groups consist of veterans, party’s activists, well-known Tajik writers and artists.
“The goal of these groups is to promote PDPT’s ideas and support the party’s candidate for 2013 presidential election,” he said.
Mr.Usmonov added that the candidate can be elected at the party’s congress only. “However, I’m confident that PDPT members will support our acting President and leader of the party Emomali Rahmon,” he said.
-  Soldier hospitalized with gunshot wound says he shot himself accidentally
-  President orders to increase the supply of daily electricity in rural areas to 18 hours
-  Tajik authorities take efforts to free Khorog from snow captivity
-  Tajikistan ratifies agreement on the Nurek Solid Waste Sub-Project
-  One Kazakh, two Uzbeks arrested in the United States for conspiring to support ISIL
-  Issues of countering the threats, emanating from foreign terrorists-militants discussed in Dushanbe
-  IS reportedly targets unemployed Tajik youth and labor migrants
-  India reportedly shows interest in Tajikistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan trilateral transit trade pact
-  Temporary ban put on night time traffic along the Dushanbe-Khujand highway
-  Torture and other ill-treatment remain widespread in Tajikistan, says AI report
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not