Ruling PDPT prepares for 2013 Presidential election
The ruling People’s and Democratic party of Tajikistan is setting up mobile agitation groups. The groups are being set up at election and reporting meetings which started in middle May and will last till late June in all branches of the party.
In his interview to AP head of the party’s Agitation, Propaganda and PR Department Usmon Solekhov said that agitation groups consist of veterans, party’s activists, well-known Tajik writers and artists.
“The goal of these groups is to promote PDPT’s ideas and support the party’s candidate for 2013 presidential election,” he said.
Mr.Usmonov added that the candidate can be elected at the party’s congress only. “However, I’m confident that PDPT members will support our acting President and leader of the party Emomali Rahmon,” he said.
-  The length of regular service can be cut back from 24 to 18 months in Tajikistan
-  Zayd Saidov’s defense lawyer detained on suspicion of offering bribe to judge
-  CFPD delegation to pay visit to Tajikistan
-  Sughd authorities crack down on unregistered mosques
-  Fifth and final riparian meetings on Roghun assessment studies held in Almaty
-  Tajik national air carrier chief fired straight after his news conference
-  Tajik government merges national air carrier and Dushanbe airport
-  Many Tajiks unable to access popular Russian social-media site
-  Tajik president receives federal minister for water and power of Pakistan
-  Asian Express Airlines chief replaced
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not