Ruling PDPT prepares for 2013 Presidential election
The ruling People’s and Democratic party of Tajikistan is setting up mobile agitation groups. The groups are being set up at election and reporting meetings which started in middle May and will last till late June in all branches of the party.
In his interview to AP head of the party’s Agitation, Propaganda and PR Department Usmon Solekhov said that agitation groups consist of veterans, party’s activists, well-known Tajik writers and artists.
“The goal of these groups is to promote PDPT’s ideas and support the party’s candidate for 2013 presidential election,” he said.
Mr.Usmonov added that the candidate can be elected at the party’s congress only. “However, I’m confident that PDPT members will support our acting President and leader of the party Emomali Rahmon,” he said.
-  Rahmon extends condolences to South Africa President after death of Nelson Mandela
-  The next session of the Majlisi Milli expected to be convoked on December 16
-  Dushanbe mayor introduces staff changes
-  Dushanbe mayor receives commander of Russian military base in Tajikistan
-  Tajikistan’s savings bank takes measures to combat corruption
-  Tajik-born writer receives Russia's top literary award
-  ITC releases study about obstacles facing Tajik exporters in foreign markets
-  Tajik FM attends closing ceremony of International Year of Water Cooperation in Mexico
-  Unidentified persons beat dean from Khujand university to death
-  Temur Zulfiqorov arrives in Dushanbe next week
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not