Ruling PDPT prepares for 2013 Presidential election
The ruling People’s and Democratic party of Tajikistan is setting up mobile agitation groups. The groups are being set up at election and reporting meetings which started in middle May and will last till late June in all branches of the party.
In his interview to AP head of the party’s Agitation, Propaganda and PR Department Usmon Solekhov said that agitation groups consist of veterans, party’s activists, well-known Tajik writers and artists.
“The goal of these groups is to promote PDPT’s ideas and support the party’s candidate for 2013 presidential election,” he said.
Mr.Usmonov added that the candidate can be elected at the party’s congress only. “However, I’m confident that PDPT members will support our acting President and leader of the party Emomali Rahmon,” he said.
-  CSTO peacekeeping exercise starts in Armenia
-  Istanbul court to resume trial of Group 24 leader’s murders
-  360 top Tajik health workers trained on data quality and utilization and evidence decision making
-  Afghan government forces reportedly retake Kunduz from Taliban
-  Three servicemen get long jail terms for deadly hazing
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not