Ruling PDPT prepares for 2013 Presidential election
The ruling People’s and Democratic party of Tajikistan is setting up mobile agitation groups. The groups are being set up at election and reporting meetings which started in middle May and will last till late June in all branches of the party.
In his interview to AP head of the party’s Agitation, Propaganda and PR Department Usmon Solekhov said that agitation groups consist of veterans, party’s activists, well-known Tajik writers and artists.
“The goal of these groups is to promote PDPT’s ideas and support the party’s candidate for 2013 presidential election,” he said.
Mr.Usmonov added that the candidate can be elected at the party’s congress only. “However, I’m confident that PDPT members will support our acting President and leader of the party Emomali Rahmon,” he said.
-  Tajikistan participates in NATO Charity Bazaar 2014 in Brussels
-  Ukraine’s Embassy organizes the Holodomor exhibition in Dushanbe
-  Current gold and currency reserves of Tajikistan estimated at 1.2 billion USD
-  Tajikistan reportedly reduces flour imports
-  Majlisi Namoyandagon passes budget for 2015
-  Tajik PM meets Turkmen President in Ashgabat
-  Tajik foreign minister meets adviser to Pakistan’s prime minister in Islamabad
-  Report: Western firms help Central Asian states spy on citizens
-  Khatlon prosecutor’s office denies child abduction report as baseless
-  Alleged activist of Tajik opposition organization Group 24 arrested in Bishkek
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not