Ruling PDPT prepares for 2013 Presidential election
The ruling People’s and Democratic party of Tajikistan is setting up mobile agitation groups. The groups are being set up at election and reporting meetings which started in middle May and will last till late June in all branches of the party.
In his interview to AP head of the party’s Agitation, Propaganda and PR Department Usmon Solekhov said that agitation groups consist of veterans, party’s activists, well-known Tajik writers and artists.
“The goal of these groups is to promote PDPT’s ideas and support the party’s candidate for 2013 presidential election,” he said.
Mr.Usmonov added that the candidate can be elected at the party’s congress only. “However, I’m confident that PDPT members will support our acting President and leader of the party Emomali Rahmon,” he said.
-  Tajikistan removed from USTR IP Watch List
-  Average real per capita income reportedly falls in Tajikistan
-  Three Polish nationals detained on the Tajik-Kyrgyz border
-  34 new medium-sized and large HPPs expected to be built in Tajikistan
-  Tajik emergency management agency warns of heavy rains in early May
-  Tajik private airline launches air route to Afghanistan
-  Tajik authorities ban use of Russian-style last names for ethnic Tajik children?
-  Russia hopes the only Russian theater will be preserved in Tajikistan
-  Tajikistan reportedly provides 16 mln USD to cover costs for its embassies activities
-  About 60 alleged Salafists detained in Samara
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not