Mavzouna Choriyeva to carry Tajik national flag at Olympics opening in London
DUSHANBE, July 17, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Tajik female boxer Mavzouna Choriyeva will carry national flag of Tajikistan at the 2012 London Olympics.
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games, officially the Games of the XXX Olympiad, also known informally as London 2012 (for example on the official logo), are scheduled to take place in London, United Kingdom, from 27 July to 12 August 2012.
We will recall that sixteen Tajik athletes have qualified for the 2012 London Olympics. Among them are Dilshod Nazarov (light athletics, hammer throwing), Alisher Gulov and Farhod Nematov (taekwondo WTF), Anvar Yunusov, Sobirjon Nazarov, Jahon Qurbonov and Mavzouna Choriyeva (boxing), Rasoul Boqiyev and Parviz Sobirov (Judo), Iskandari Rustam, Yusuf Abdusalomov, Zelimkhan Yusupov and Nikolay Noev (freestyle wrestling), Ekaterina Izmailova (swimming, freestyle, 50m), Vladislav Ovcharenko (light athletics, 200m sprint) and Sergey Bibikov (shooting).
It is to be noted that that Ekaterina Izmailova and Vladislav Ovcharenko were given licenses through the Wild-Card system and Sergey Bibikov was given the license to participate in the 2012 London Olympics through the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
-  Tajik ruling party wins parliamentary election in Vakhsh singe-mandate constituency
-  JICA boosts stability and trade in Tajik-Afghan cross border regions
-  TJS has lost more than 3.4 percent of its value against USD over the past week
-  CPT, IRP fail to pass a 5-percent threshold to get into the parliament, says CCER head
-  Launch of first “World Money Transfer Day” expected to take place on March 15
-  Chronicle: Highlights of February, 2015
-  Tajikistan’s parliamentary elections recognized valid
-  RWB concerned over toxic climate in which Tajik news organizations are forced to work
-  Defense Attache of French Embassy in Kabul visits Tajik counternarcotics agency
-  DPT leader confident of his victory in election