Mavzouna Choriyeva to carry Tajik national flag at Olympics opening in London
DUSHANBE, July 17, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Tajik female boxer Mavzouna Choriyeva will carry national flag of Tajikistan at the 2012 London Olympics.
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games, officially the Games of the XXX Olympiad, also known informally as London 2012 (for example on the official logo), are scheduled to take place in London, United Kingdom, from 27 July to 12 August 2012.
We will recall that sixteen Tajik athletes have qualified for the 2012 London Olympics. Among them are Dilshod Nazarov (light athletics, hammer throwing), Alisher Gulov and Farhod Nematov (taekwondo WTF), Anvar Yunusov, Sobirjon Nazarov, Jahon Qurbonov and Mavzouna Choriyeva (boxing), Rasoul Boqiyev and Parviz Sobirov (Judo), Iskandari Rustam, Yusuf Abdusalomov, Zelimkhan Yusupov and Nikolay Noev (freestyle wrestling), Ekaterina Izmailova (swimming, freestyle, 50m), Vladislav Ovcharenko (light athletics, 200m sprint) and Sergey Bibikov (shooting).
It is to be noted that that Ekaterina Izmailova and Vladislav Ovcharenko were given licenses through the Wild-Card system and Sergey Bibikov was given the license to participate in the 2012 London Olympics through the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
-  Head of Sogd: The agrarian reform has reduced the level of labor migration
-  Emomali Rahmon left for Kulyab
-  A planet in the solar system is named after Tajikistan
-  National Bank reports about a 33 percent increase in the volume of deposits
-  The balance of credits in Tajik banks has increased by 24%
-  Tajik President has taught a Class of the World to young Tajiks
-  The tremors were registered on the territory of Tajikistan
-  Assistant Secretary of US Rosenblum has visited the north of Tajikistan
-  The Head of Ministry of Interior Affairs instructed to identify and punish those, who has beaten a b
-  Police detained the abactors in Panj and a robber and kidnapper of diapers in Dushanbe