Mavzouna Choriyeva to carry Tajik national flag at Olympics opening in London
DUSHANBE, July 17, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Tajik female boxer Mavzouna Choriyeva will carry national flag of Tajikistan at the 2012 London Olympics.
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games, officially the Games of the XXX Olympiad, also known informally as London 2012 (for example on the official logo), are scheduled to take place in London, United Kingdom, from 27 July to 12 August 2012.
We will recall that sixteen Tajik athletes have qualified for the 2012 London Olympics. Among them are Dilshod Nazarov (light athletics, hammer throwing), Alisher Gulov and Farhod Nematov (taekwondo WTF), Anvar Yunusov, Sobirjon Nazarov, Jahon Qurbonov and Mavzouna Choriyeva (boxing), Rasoul Boqiyev and Parviz Sobirov (Judo), Iskandari Rustam, Yusuf Abdusalomov, Zelimkhan Yusupov and Nikolay Noev (freestyle wrestling), Ekaterina Izmailova (swimming, freestyle, 50m), Vladislav Ovcharenko (light athletics, 200m sprint) and Sergey Bibikov (shooting).
It is to be noted that that Ekaterina Izmailova and Vladislav Ovcharenko were given licenses through the Wild-Card system and Sergey Bibikov was given the license to participate in the 2012 London Olympics through the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
-  Tajikistan-Russia cooperation in the field of media industry discussed in Moscow
-  Tajik central bank stops operations of one more microlending agency
-  China acquires 16,000 square kilometers of what was once Central Asian land
-  Afghan president scheduled to pay an official visit to Tajikistan next week
-  Tajik national air carrier launches air route from Dushanbe to Beijing
-  Average real per capita income reportedly falls in Tajikistan
-  Correction
-  34 new medium-sized and large HPPs expected to be built in Tajikistan
-  Ballot papers for the constitutional referendum will be published in four languages
-  Tajikistan reportedly reaches 80 percent of its spring conscription campaign target