Mavzouna Choriyeva to carry Tajik national flag at Olympics opening in London
DUSHANBE, July 17, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Tajik female boxer Mavzouna Choriyeva will carry national flag of Tajikistan at the 2012 London Olympics.
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games, officially the Games of the XXX Olympiad, also known informally as London 2012 (for example on the official logo), are scheduled to take place in London, United Kingdom, from 27 July to 12 August 2012.
We will recall that sixteen Tajik athletes have qualified for the 2012 London Olympics. Among them are Dilshod Nazarov (light athletics, hammer throwing), Alisher Gulov and Farhod Nematov (taekwondo WTF), Anvar Yunusov, Sobirjon Nazarov, Jahon Qurbonov and Mavzouna Choriyeva (boxing), Rasoul Boqiyev and Parviz Sobirov (Judo), Iskandari Rustam, Yusuf Abdusalomov, Zelimkhan Yusupov and Nikolay Noev (freestyle wrestling), Ekaterina Izmailova (swimming, freestyle, 50m), Vladislav Ovcharenko (light athletics, 200m sprint) and Sergey Bibikov (shooting).
It is to be noted that that Ekaterina Izmailova and Vladislav Ovcharenko were given licenses through the Wild-Card system and Sergey Bibikov was given the license to participate in the 2012 London Olympics through the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
-  CCER expected to start preparations for 2015 parliamentary elections in H2 2014
-  Tajik chief prosecutor’s office launches investigation into prison inmate’s death
-  International community has spent €45 mln for strengthening security on the Tajik-Afghan border
-  Chronicle: Highlights of February, 2014
-  Russia interested in stable and strong Ukraine, says Russian ambassador to Tajikistan
-  Oynihol Bobonazarova visits a number of U.S. cities to engage with the American people through IVLP
-  Tajik capital makes preparations for Navrouz celebrations
-  Tajikistan ranked the last among CA nations in terms of entrepreneurship and opportunity
-  CSTO Military Committee discusses establishment of common air-defense and anti-missile system
-  Unknown persons reportedly attempt to disrupt IRP leader’s meeting with party activists in Rumi