Mavzouna Choriyeva to carry Tajik national flag at Olympics opening in London
DUSHANBE, July 17, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Tajik female boxer Mavzouna Choriyeva will carry national flag of Tajikistan at the 2012 London Olympics.
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games, officially the Games of the XXX Olympiad, also known informally as London 2012 (for example on the official logo), are scheduled to take place in London, United Kingdom, from 27 July to 12 August 2012.
We will recall that sixteen Tajik athletes have qualified for the 2012 London Olympics. Among them are Dilshod Nazarov (light athletics, hammer throwing), Alisher Gulov and Farhod Nematov (taekwondo WTF), Anvar Yunusov, Sobirjon Nazarov, Jahon Qurbonov and Mavzouna Choriyeva (boxing), Rasoul Boqiyev and Parviz Sobirov (Judo), Iskandari Rustam, Yusuf Abdusalomov, Zelimkhan Yusupov and Nikolay Noev (freestyle wrestling), Ekaterina Izmailova (swimming, freestyle, 50m), Vladislav Ovcharenko (light athletics, 200m sprint) and Sergey Bibikov (shooting).
It is to be noted that that Ekaterina Izmailova and Vladislav Ovcharenko were given licenses through the Wild-Card system and Sergey Bibikov was given the license to participate in the 2012 London Olympics through the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
-  Tajik rescuers not involved in search for Russian soldiers felling into Vakhsh River
-  Dushanbe, Tashkent expected to resume border talks in November
-  Tajik, Azeri CCIs sign cooperation agreements
-  CDB may provide $500 million to Tajik central bank
-  ADB launches youth video competition – ‘Who’s Growing Tomorrow’s Food?’
-  EU statement on political pluralism in Tajikistan
-  Tajik court issues first verdict for ISIL recruitment
-  Head of IRP organization in Dushanbe reportedly defects from the party under pressure
-  Over 10 kilos of hashish seized in Bobojonghafourov district yesterday
-  SCO national coordinators meet in Ufa