Mavzouna Choriyeva to carry Tajik national flag at Olympics opening in London
DUSHANBE, July 17, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Tajik female boxer Mavzouna Choriyeva will carry national flag of Tajikistan at the 2012 London Olympics.
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games, officially the Games of the XXX Olympiad, also known informally as London 2012 (for example on the official logo), are scheduled to take place in London, United Kingdom, from 27 July to 12 August 2012.
We will recall that sixteen Tajik athletes have qualified for the 2012 London Olympics. Among them are Dilshod Nazarov (light athletics, hammer throwing), Alisher Gulov and Farhod Nematov (taekwondo WTF), Anvar Yunusov, Sobirjon Nazarov, Jahon Qurbonov and Mavzouna Choriyeva (boxing), Rasoul Boqiyev and Parviz Sobirov (Judo), Iskandari Rustam, Yusuf Abdusalomov, Zelimkhan Yusupov and Nikolay Noev (freestyle wrestling), Ekaterina Izmailova (swimming, freestyle, 50m), Vladislav Ovcharenko (light athletics, 200m sprint) and Sergey Bibikov (shooting).
It is to be noted that that Ekaterina Izmailova and Vladislav Ovcharenko were given licenses through the Wild-Card system and Sergey Bibikov was given the license to participate in the 2012 London Olympics through the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
-  Soros says ready to invest $1 billion in Ukraine if West helps
-  Three other Tajiks fighting alongside ISIL militants reportedly killed in Iraq
-  Afghanistan’s economic exhibition expected to take place in Dushanbe in August
-  Chronicle: Highlights of March, 2015
-  President introduces a number of staff changes
-  Remittance flows from Russia to Tajikistan decline by 324 million USD
-  Tajik-Sino Mining Company builds metallurgical plant in Sughd
-  Two senior drug control officers detained on suspicion of bribe taking
-  US Dept of State INL representatives evaluate activities of Tajik counternarcotics agency
-  China completes evacuation of its nationals from Yemen