Mavzouna Choriyeva to carry Tajik national flag at Olympics opening in London
DUSHANBE, July 17, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Tajik female boxer Mavzouna Choriyeva will carry national flag of Tajikistan at the 2012 London Olympics.
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games, officially the Games of the XXX Olympiad, also known informally as London 2012 (for example on the official logo), are scheduled to take place in London, United Kingdom, from 27 July to 12 August 2012.
We will recall that sixteen Tajik athletes have qualified for the 2012 London Olympics. Among them are Dilshod Nazarov (light athletics, hammer throwing), Alisher Gulov and Farhod Nematov (taekwondo WTF), Anvar Yunusov, Sobirjon Nazarov, Jahon Qurbonov and Mavzouna Choriyeva (boxing), Rasoul Boqiyev and Parviz Sobirov (Judo), Iskandari Rustam, Yusuf Abdusalomov, Zelimkhan Yusupov and Nikolay Noev (freestyle wrestling), Ekaterina Izmailova (swimming, freestyle, 50m), Vladislav Ovcharenko (light athletics, 200m sprint) and Sergey Bibikov (shooting).
It is to be noted that that Ekaterina Izmailova and Vladislav Ovcharenko were given licenses through the Wild-Card system and Sergey Bibikov was given the license to participate in the 2012 London Olympics through the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
-  Tajikistan attracted US$2.877 billion in FDI in eight years
-  U.S. Democrats formally nominate Hillary Clinton for President
-  Production of gold at the Pakrut Gold Project expected to start in August
-  Remittance flows to Tajikistan reportedly decline by 22.1 percent
-  One of key Islamic State leaders killed in Afghanistan
-  Coordinating Committee on Trade Facilitation of Tajikistan prepares to begin its work
-  Japan increases scholarship quota for Tajikistan beginning from 2017
-  The detained child abductor reportedly not involved in the previous child abduction cases
-  President inaugurates a number of new social and educational facilities in Hamadoni district
-  A conference of Tajik and Chinese businesspeople held in Dushanbe yesterday