Mavzouna Choriyeva to carry Tajik national flag at Olympics opening in London
DUSHANBE, July 17, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Tajik female boxer Mavzouna Choriyeva will carry national flag of Tajikistan at the 2012 London Olympics.
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games, officially the Games of the XXX Olympiad, also known informally as London 2012 (for example on the official logo), are scheduled to take place in London, United Kingdom, from 27 July to 12 August 2012.
We will recall that sixteen Tajik athletes have qualified for the 2012 London Olympics. Among them are Dilshod Nazarov (light athletics, hammer throwing), Alisher Gulov and Farhod Nematov (taekwondo WTF), Anvar Yunusov, Sobirjon Nazarov, Jahon Qurbonov and Mavzouna Choriyeva (boxing), Rasoul Boqiyev and Parviz Sobirov (Judo), Iskandari Rustam, Yusuf Abdusalomov, Zelimkhan Yusupov and Nikolay Noev (freestyle wrestling), Ekaterina Izmailova (swimming, freestyle, 50m), Vladislav Ovcharenko (light athletics, 200m sprint) and Sergey Bibikov (shooting).
It is to be noted that that Ekaterina Izmailova and Vladislav Ovcharenko were given licenses through the Wild-Card system and Sergey Bibikov was given the license to participate in the 2012 London Olympics through the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
-  Exhibition of Pakistan goods opens in Dushanbe
-  EU-BOMNAF Women’s Border Management Awareness Course conducted in Dushanbe
-  Majlisi Namoyandagon board discusses bill on humanitarian demining activities
-  Resident of Sughd province jailed for membership in Hizb ut-Tahrir group
-  Presentation of the Dushanbe-Qurghon Teppa Road Project given in Dushanbe
-  Preclusion and prevention of violence and ill-treatment against children in closed institutions
-  OSCE Office in Tajikistan holds high-level dialogue on countering trafficking in human beings
-  Annual meeting of OJSC NBO Roghun shareholders scheduled for May 27
-  Tajik authorities ban the Last Bell ceremony
-  Tajikistan-Germany political consultations held in Dushanbe