Mavzouna Choriyeva to carry Tajik national flag at Olympics opening in London
DUSHANBE, July 17, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Tajik female boxer Mavzouna Choriyeva will carry national flag of Tajikistan at the 2012 London Olympics.
The 2012 Summer Olympic Games, officially the Games of the XXX Olympiad, also known informally as London 2012 (for example on the official logo), are scheduled to take place in London, United Kingdom, from 27 July to 12 August 2012.
We will recall that sixteen Tajik athletes have qualified for the 2012 London Olympics. Among them are Dilshod Nazarov (light athletics, hammer throwing), Alisher Gulov and Farhod Nematov (taekwondo WTF), Anvar Yunusov, Sobirjon Nazarov, Jahon Qurbonov and Mavzouna Choriyeva (boxing), Rasoul Boqiyev and Parviz Sobirov (Judo), Iskandari Rustam, Yusuf Abdusalomov, Zelimkhan Yusupov and Nikolay Noev (freestyle wrestling), Ekaterina Izmailova (swimming, freestyle, 50m), Vladislav Ovcharenko (light athletics, 200m sprint) and Sergey Bibikov (shooting).
It is to be noted that that Ekaterina Izmailova and Vladislav Ovcharenko were given licenses through the Wild-Card system and Sergey Bibikov was given the license to participate in the 2012 London Olympics through the International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF).
-  EU Project holds networking meeting to discuss development of handicraft sector in Kyrgyzstan
-  EBRD lends further support to Tajik food maker Dilpisand
-  Tajikistan writes Sangtudinskaya GES-1’s tax debts
-  Drug control officers seize large amount of hashish in Dushanbe
-  Latvian musicians perform Tajik songs in Moscow
-  Tajik delegation attends events of parliament assemblies of CIS, EAEC and CSTO in Saint Petersburg
-  Winter Handicraft Fair & International Day of Persons with Disabilities
-  Khoburabot Pass closed for traffic
-  CIS experts gather in Minsk to discuss border security issues
-  Meeting of Central Asian Interstate Commission on Sustainable Development takes place in Dushanbe