Kyrgyzstan introduces transport control on border with Tajikistan
DUSHANBE, April 10, 2012, Asia-Plus -- The Government of Kyrgyzstan has reportedly introduced transport control over transit of Chinese goods to Tajikistan via Kyrgyz territory.
Some Kyrgyz media sources reports Kyrgyz Prime Minister Omurbek Babanov on April 5 signed a decree on amending the resolution on measures to streamline the functioning of border-crossing checkpoints on Kyrgyzstan’s border.
The resolution was reportedly adopted for the purpose of protecting interests of domestic haulers carrying out international motor transportations and regulating transport activities of foreign haulers in Kyrgyzstan. Under this resolution the transport control is introduced over all foreign transport means entering Kyrgyzstan via the “Qaramyk” crossing, located in the Chon-Alay district, Osh region.
Under the Kyrgyz-Chinese agreement on international automobile communication, all motor cargo transportations must be carried out via the “Irkeshtam” border-crossing checkpoint strongly through the indicated itinerary Irkeshtam-Sarytash-Osh. Meanwhile Chinese carriers cross into Kyrgyzstan via the “Irkeshtam” crossing and leave Kyrgyzstan for Tajikistan via the “Qaramyk” crossing.
-  CCER expected to start preparations for 2015 parliamentary elections in H2 2014
-  Tajik chief prosecutor’s office launches investigation into prison inmate’s death
-  International community has spent €45 mln for strengthening security on the Tajik-Afghan border
-  Chronicle: Highlights of February, 2014
-  Russia interested in stable and strong Ukraine, says Russian ambassador to Tajikistan
-  Oynihol Bobonazarova visits a number of U.S. cities to engage with the American people through IVLP
-  Tajik capital makes preparations for Navrouz celebrations
-  Tajikistan ranked the last among CA nations in terms of entrepreneurship and opportunity
-  CSTO Military Committee discusses establishment of common air-defense and anti-missile system
-  Unknown persons reportedly attempt to disrupt IRP leader’s meeting with party activists in Rumi