Kyrgyzstan introduces transport control on border with Tajikistan
DUSHANBE, April 10, 2012, Asia-Plus -- The Government of Kyrgyzstan has reportedly introduced transport control over transit of Chinese goods to Tajikistan via Kyrgyz territory.
Some Kyrgyz media sources reports Kyrgyz Prime Minister Omurbek Babanov on April 5 signed a decree on amending the resolution on measures to streamline the functioning of border-crossing checkpoints on Kyrgyzstan’s border.
The resolution was reportedly adopted for the purpose of protecting interests of domestic haulers carrying out international motor transportations and regulating transport activities of foreign haulers in Kyrgyzstan. Under this resolution the transport control is introduced over all foreign transport means entering Kyrgyzstan via the “Qaramyk” crossing, located in the Chon-Alay district, Osh region.
Under the Kyrgyz-Chinese agreement on international automobile communication, all motor cargo transportations must be carried out via the “Irkeshtam” border-crossing checkpoint strongly through the indicated itinerary Irkeshtam-Sarytash-Osh. Meanwhile Chinese carriers cross into Kyrgyzstan via the “Irkeshtam” crossing and leave Kyrgyzstan for Tajikistan via the “Qaramyk” crossing.
-  Wanted for more than 11 years citizen of Tajikistan extradited from Russia to homeland
-  In Dushanbe was revered Tajik deceased journalists’ memory
-  Emomali Rakhmon will visit Khatlon, Rasht, Sughd
-  Objects with no analogues on financing will be put into operation in Dushanbe
-  The border troops of Tajikistan refute their information on Taliban attack
-  E. Rakhmon is concerned about the increase of crime among young people in Khatlon
-  The Ministry of Finance is striving to form a balanced Budget in 2017
-  Kurban Bayram holiday in Tajikistan will be celebrated on the 12th of September
-  Syrian national football team arrived in Khujand
-  Another IRPT lawyer was detained on suspicion of divulging state secrets