Kyrgyzstan introduces transport control on border with Tajikistan
DUSHANBE, April 10, 2012, Asia-Plus -- The Government of Kyrgyzstan has reportedly introduced transport control over transit of Chinese goods to Tajikistan via Kyrgyz territory.
Some Kyrgyz media sources reports Kyrgyz Prime Minister Omurbek Babanov on April 5 signed a decree on amending the resolution on measures to streamline the functioning of border-crossing checkpoints on Kyrgyzstan’s border.
The resolution was reportedly adopted for the purpose of protecting interests of domestic haulers carrying out international motor transportations and regulating transport activities of foreign haulers in Kyrgyzstan. Under this resolution the transport control is introduced over all foreign transport means entering Kyrgyzstan via the “Qaramyk” crossing, located in the Chon-Alay district, Osh region.
Under the Kyrgyz-Chinese agreement on international automobile communication, all motor cargo transportations must be carried out via the “Irkeshtam” border-crossing checkpoint strongly through the indicated itinerary Irkeshtam-Sarytash-Osh. Meanwhile Chinese carriers cross into Kyrgyzstan via the “Irkeshtam” crossing and leave Kyrgyzstan for Tajikistan via the “Qaramyk” crossing.
-  Imagine the world where all the rights of all children are respected!
-  OSCE trains Tajik border law enforcement officials on project management
-  Tajikistan’s external trade turnover estimated at more than 4.8 billion USD in Jan-Nov 2014
-  Dushanbe court expected to start consideration of Shuhrat Qudratov’s case tomorrow
-  Seminar on strategic litigation opens in Warsaw tomorrow
-  Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Tajikistan forecasts the rise in the price of wheat an
-  Following Russia the Ruble Collapsed in Tajikistan too
-  Tajikistan Increased Electricity Supply to Afghanistan
-  Ministry of Defense: Penjikent Commander Removed from Office in connection with the beating a Conscr
-  Tajikistan increases Coal Production