Kyrgyzstan introduces transport control on border with Tajikistan
DUSHANBE, April 10, 2012, Asia-Plus -- The Government of Kyrgyzstan has reportedly introduced transport control over transit of Chinese goods to Tajikistan via Kyrgyz territory.
Some Kyrgyz media sources reports Kyrgyz Prime Minister Omurbek Babanov on April 5 signed a decree on amending the resolution on measures to streamline the functioning of border-crossing checkpoints on Kyrgyzstan’s border.
The resolution was reportedly adopted for the purpose of protecting interests of domestic haulers carrying out international motor transportations and regulating transport activities of foreign haulers in Kyrgyzstan. Under this resolution the transport control is introduced over all foreign transport means entering Kyrgyzstan via the “Qaramyk” crossing, located in the Chon-Alay district, Osh region.
Under the Kyrgyz-Chinese agreement on international automobile communication, all motor cargo transportations must be carried out via the “Irkeshtam” border-crossing checkpoint strongly through the indicated itinerary Irkeshtam-Sarytash-Osh. Meanwhile Chinese carriers cross into Kyrgyzstan via the “Irkeshtam” crossing and leave Kyrgyzstan for Tajikistan via the “Qaramyk” crossing.
-  Remittances sent to Tajikistan in RR will be given out in TJS
-  Power rationing expected to be lifted in Tajikistan soon
-  Tajik name-change craze targets Turkic words
-  Restructuring of Tajik national integrated power company expected to end in 2018
-  Training on strategic approaches to public, media and government relations for NGOs
-  The Global Initiative on Decent Jobs for Youth launched at UN headquarters last week
-  EU experts, Tajik partners set guidelines to implement a substance abuse prevention campaign
-  NBT denies information that Russian money transfer systems stop the transfer of RR to Tajikistan
-  NBT stops operations of one more microlending agency
-  Resident of Panjakent detained with a large amount of hashish at Tajik-Uzbek border