Kyrgyz Border Services Strengthened its Tajik Border Protection
Kyrgyzstan’s Border Services strengthened their border protection at the Badakhshan section of the Kyrgyz-Tajik border. A number of Kyrgyz media report this citing the Head of the Kyrgyz Border Services, Raimberdi Duyshenbiev.
According to him, border security is strengthened at the Chon-Alay area, which borders Badakhshan Province, where there were recently riots with fatalities.
Furthermore, Mr. Duyshenbiev noted that the Kyrgyz Border Services constantly share information with their Tajik colleagues.
“Since that are constant conflicts in these territories,” he added, “the Border Services are obliged to carry out preventive measures.”
-  Representatives of PDP’s organization for Sughd to visit military units in Khatlon and RRP
-  President visits border unit in the Hamadoni district
-  HRW: Children detained in war zones; thousands held without charge, tortured
-  Rahmon signs laws proposing amendments to the country’s Constitution
-  Cargo-by-rail shipments reportedly fall nearly 3 percent in Tajikistan
-  Tajikistan’s Academy of Sciences condemns members of banned IRPT for supporting Erdogan
-  Donald Trump says he'll look into issue of Crimea
-  Training on social work with people who use drugs
-  Draft law on ‘golden’ amnesty being prepared in strict secrecy
-  Heavy rains and thunderstorms expected to hit some areas in Tajikistan, windsquall possible