Kyrgyz Border Services Strengthened its Tajik Border Protection
Kyrgyzstan’s Border Services strengthened their border protection at the Badakhshan section of the Kyrgyz-Tajik border. A number of Kyrgyz media report this citing the Head of the Kyrgyz Border Services, Raimberdi Duyshenbiev.
According to him, border security is strengthened at the Chon-Alay area, which borders Badakhshan Province, where there were recently riots with fatalities.
Furthermore, Mr. Duyshenbiev noted that the Kyrgyz Border Services constantly share information with their Tajik colleagues.
“Since that are constant conflicts in these territories,” he added, “the Border Services are obliged to carry out preventive measures.”
-  Remittance flows from Russia to Tajikistan decline by 324 million USD
-  It would be ignorance to drive the IRP into underground, says CPT leader
-  Tajik-Sino Mining Company builds metallurgical plant in Sughd
-  Russia expected to help evacuate Tajik medical workers from Yemen
-  US Dept of State INL representatives evaluate activities of Tajik counternarcotics agency
-  Tajik police to carry out explanatory work among local women wearing alien clothing
-  Tajik militants seem to be experiencing their first combat in Syria and Iraq
-  OSCE CiO arrives in Dushanbe tomorrow on a three-day visit
-  UNRCCA head to pay visit to Tajikistan from April 1-2
-  Tajik capital expected to host CSTO foreign ministers’ meeting in early April