Kyrgyz Border Services Strengthened its Tajik Border Protection
Kyrgyzstan’s Border Services strengthened their border protection at the Badakhshan section of the Kyrgyz-Tajik border. A number of Kyrgyz media report this citing the Head of the Kyrgyz Border Services, Raimberdi Duyshenbiev.
According to him, border security is strengthened at the Chon-Alay area, which borders Badakhshan Province, where there were recently riots with fatalities.
Furthermore, Mr. Duyshenbiev noted that the Kyrgyz Border Services constantly share information with their Tajik colleagues.
“Since that are constant conflicts in these territories,” he added, “the Border Services are obliged to carry out preventive measures.”
-  Japan’s Government gives Tajikistan 20 million USD to build freight terminal at Dushanbe airport
-  Barqi Tojik’s debts reportedly reach 1.5 billion somoni
-  This year, Tajikistan celebrates Idi Ramazon on July 28
-  Tajik, Russian foreign ministers to discuss bilateral cooperation expansion and Afghan problems
-  Tajik servicemen participate in CSTO joint military exercise in Kyrgyzstan
-  Russian foreign minister pays an official visit to Tajikistan
-  Chinese foreign minister pays an official visit to Tajikistan
-  Alleged Saddam Hussein relative seeks asylum In Tajikistan
-  276 million dollars reportedly invested in Tajikistan’s economy in Q1 2014
-  Detained lawyer for jailed Tajik tycoon transferred to the Justice Ministry-run detention center