Kyrgyz Border Services Strengthened its Tajik Border Protection
Kyrgyzstan’s Border Services strengthened their border protection at the Badakhshan section of the Kyrgyz-Tajik border. A number of Kyrgyz media report this citing the Head of the Kyrgyz Border Services, Raimberdi Duyshenbiev.
According to him, border security is strengthened at the Chon-Alay area, which borders Badakhshan Province, where there were recently riots with fatalities.
Furthermore, Mr. Duyshenbiev noted that the Kyrgyz Border Services constantly share information with their Tajik colleagues.
“Since that are constant conflicts in these territories,” he added, “the Border Services are obliged to carry out preventive measures.”
-  Tajikistan’s wheat imports reportedly rise more than 22 percent
-  Afghanistan saw record levels of opium poppy cultivation in 2013 despite US efforts
-  Tajik, Russian parliaments sign cooperation agreement
-  Seven CIS nations take training to improve interaction between control units of Joint CIS AD System
-  Deposits kept at Tajik banks reportedly rise nearly 18 percent
-  Tajikistan asks Russia to simplify the system of tests for migrant workers
-  Tajik parliament speaker proposes to open Tajik schools in Moscow oblast
-  Danish Crown Princess Mary visits the Pediatric Institute at the National Medical Center in Dushanbe
-  Tajik FM meets Danish Crown Princess Mary and WHO regional director for Europe
-  Tajik ruling party expected to nominate 68 candidates for the Majlisi Namoyandagon