Kyrgyz Border Services Strengthened its Tajik Border Protection
Kyrgyzstan’s Border Services strengthened their border protection at the Badakhshan section of the Kyrgyz-Tajik border. A number of Kyrgyz media report this citing the Head of the Kyrgyz Border Services, Raimberdi Duyshenbiev.
According to him, border security is strengthened at the Chon-Alay area, which borders Badakhshan Province, where there were recently riots with fatalities.
Furthermore, Mr. Duyshenbiev noted that the Kyrgyz Border Services constantly share information with their Tajik colleagues.
“Since that are constant conflicts in these territories,” he added, “the Border Services are obliged to carry out preventive measures.”
-  Kyrgyz MPs introduce bill to increase control over media
-  TSB begins to make salary payments to its customers
-  Tajik parliament speaker meets his Kazakh counterpart in St. Petersburg to discuss cooperation
-  Leader of Tajik Communist Party may be replaced this year
-  Tajik police burn more than 1,500 kilos of narcotics
-  94.5% of those who cast ballots voted for amendments proposed to the Constitution
-  Tajikistan’s constitutional referendum considered valid
-  Two natives of Tajikistan detained in St. Petersburg on suspicion of recruiting fighters for IS
-  RSF condemns continuing harassment of independent media in Tajikistan
-  “Operation Building Bridges 2016”