Kyrgyz Border Services Strengthened its Tajik Border Protection
Kyrgyzstan’s Border Services strengthened their border protection at the Badakhshan section of the Kyrgyz-Tajik border. A number of Kyrgyz media report this citing the Head of the Kyrgyz Border Services, Raimberdi Duyshenbiev.
According to him, border security is strengthened at the Chon-Alay area, which borders Badakhshan Province, where there were recently riots with fatalities.
Furthermore, Mr. Duyshenbiev noted that the Kyrgyz Border Services constantly share information with their Tajik colleagues.
“Since that are constant conflicts in these territories,” he added, “the Border Services are obliged to carry out preventive measures.”
-  Swiss President and Foreign Minister Didier Burkhalter, OSCE CiO, expected to visit Tajikistan this
-  EBRD, IMON International increase funding for MSEs in Tajikistan
-  1.6 billion somoni expected to be spent for construction of Roghun HPP in 2015
-  Dushanbe resident detained with large amount of MDMA tablets
-  Application by shareholders of Shahrutous’s bazaar for permission to hold demonstration refused
-  Global Slavery Index 2014 estimates there are 29,500 Tajiks living in some forms of modern slavery
-  Tajikistan to get Auchan in Dushanbe thanks to EBRD financing
-  President Rahmon receives credentials of new nine ambassadors
-  Tajik NGOs fear limits on foreign grants could force closures
-  Tajik foreign minister EBRD president discuss cooperation issues