Kyrgyz Border Services Strengthened its Tajik Border Protection
Kyrgyzstan’s Border Services strengthened their border protection at the Badakhshan section of the Kyrgyz-Tajik border. A number of Kyrgyz media report this citing the Head of the Kyrgyz Border Services, Raimberdi Duyshenbiev.
According to him, border security is strengthened at the Chon-Alay area, which borders Badakhshan Province, where there were recently riots with fatalities.
Furthermore, Mr. Duyshenbiev noted that the Kyrgyz Border Services constantly share information with their Tajik colleagues.
“Since that are constant conflicts in these territories,” he added, “the Border Services are obliged to carry out preventive measures.”
-  Power rationing expected to be lifted in Tajikistan soon
-  The Aga Khan deplores devastation in Syria, calls for islands of stability
-  Restructuring of Tajik national integrated power company expected to end in 2018
-  Results of the World Bank’s high frequency Listening to Tajikistan survey available online
-  EBRD, FT hold Central Asia Investment Forum in Istanbul
-  NBT denies information that Russian money transfer systems stop the transfer of RR to Tajikistan
-  The Global Initiative on Decent Jobs for Youth launched at UN headquarters last week
-  EU experts, Tajik partners set guidelines to implement a substance abuse prevention campaign
-  Resident of Panjakent detained with a large amount of hashish at Tajik-Uzbek border
-  NBT stops operations of one more microlending agency