Kyrgyz Border Services Strengthened its Tajik Border Protection
Kyrgyzstan’s Border Services strengthened their border protection at the Badakhshan section of the Kyrgyz-Tajik border. A number of Kyrgyz media report this citing the Head of the Kyrgyz Border Services, Raimberdi Duyshenbiev.
According to him, border security is strengthened at the Chon-Alay area, which borders Badakhshan Province, where there were recently riots with fatalities.
Furthermore, Mr. Duyshenbiev noted that the Kyrgyz Border Services constantly share information with their Tajik colleagues.
“Since that are constant conflicts in these territories,” he added, “the Border Services are obliged to carry out preventive measures.”
-  The upcoming amnesty expected to apply to 10,000 people
-  Two more lawyers get involved in defense of jailed Tajik tycoon
-  Tajikistan’s cotton fiber exports reportedly fall more than 41 percent
-  EU-Tajikistan Cooperation Council meets in Luxembourg today
-  Tajikistan’s wheat imports reportedly rise more than 22 percent
-  Four defendants from Vahdat claim they suffered torture during the preliminary investigation
-  In Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, rumors of instability abound as fears of IS grow
-  Danish Crown Princess Mary to visit Tajikistan to promote mother and child health, immunization
-  Upper houses of Tajik and Russian parliaments to sign cooperation agreement
-  Tajik parliament speaker meets in Moscow representatives of Tajik Diasporas in Russia