Kyrgyz Border Services Strengthened its Tajik Border Protection
Kyrgyzstan’s Border Services strengthened their border protection at the Badakhshan section of the Kyrgyz-Tajik border. A number of Kyrgyz media report this citing the Head of the Kyrgyz Border Services, Raimberdi Duyshenbiev.
According to him, border security is strengthened at the Chon-Alay area, which borders Badakhshan Province, where there were recently riots with fatalities.
Furthermore, Mr. Duyshenbiev noted that the Kyrgyz Border Services constantly share information with their Tajik colleagues.
“Since that are constant conflicts in these territories,” he added, “the Border Services are obliged to carry out preventive measures.”
-  OSCE Office in Tajikistan and partners focus on community policing in workshop
-  Tajik capital reportedly fulfills its spring conscription targets
-  Tajik-Uzbek economic commission expected to meet in Tashkent in late June
-  Construction of new medical center completed in Dushanbe
-  Tajik president, Swiss banking supervisor discuss cooperation issues