Kyrgyz Border Services Strengthened its Tajik Border Protection
Kyrgyzstan’s Border Services strengthened their border protection at the Badakhshan section of the Kyrgyz-Tajik border. A number of Kyrgyz media report this citing the Head of the Kyrgyz Border Services, Raimberdi Duyshenbiev.
According to him, border security is strengthened at the Chon-Alay area, which borders Badakhshan Province, where there were recently riots with fatalities.
Furthermore, Mr. Duyshenbiev noted that the Kyrgyz Border Services constantly share information with their Tajik colleagues.
“Since that are constant conflicts in these territories,” he added, “the Border Services are obliged to carry out preventive measures.”
-  ESCAP, ADB, UNDP sign partnership to achieve 2030 Agenda for sustainable development
-  Tajikistan reaches more than 32 percent of 2015 cotton target
-  US offers $5 million in rewards for information leading to disruption of ISIL’s financial activity
-  Darvoz district in Gorno Badakhshan fulfills its autumn conscription target in a day
-  Autumn conscription campaign starts in Tajikistan today