Dushanbe hosts regional conference on HIV/AIDS issues
DUSHANBE, December 2, 2011, Asia-Plus -- Regional conference on the HIV-AIDS issues will take place in Dushanbe from December 5-6, according to the Ministry of Health (MoH).
Organized by the Ministry of Health in cooperation with CDC (United States), ICAP, UNAIDS, USAID, UNDP, WHO, UNODC, CARHAP and AFEW, the conference is expected to bring together more than 120 specialists in HIV/AIDS issues, researchers, representatives from public institutions and civil society, people living with HIV, as well as representatives of international organizations.
The conference members will also include more than 20 specialists in HIV/AIDS issues and experts from the CIS nations, including Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
According to the statistical data from the Ministry of Health, 3,555 HIV sufferers have been officially registered in Tajikistan to date. Independent experts, however, consider that the real number of HIV sufferers in the country is much higher that the official figure shows.
-  Dushanbe mayor’s office provides financial aid to World War II veterans
-  160 new industrial enterprises expected to be introduced into operation in Sughd this year
-  Tajikistan earns 1.5 billion USD from fruit and vegetable exports per year
-  International race dedicated to Tajik Capital City Day held on April 19
-  C-JTSCC awards contracts with Tajikistan vendors in excess of one million USD
-  Hearing over TojikAzot’s case to start in Khatlon next week
-  IRP leader does not lose hope to regain market in Tursunzoda
-  Emomali Rahmon addresses parliament today
-  IWPR teaches local journalists the international standards of reporting
-  CSTO security council secretaries meet in Grozny to discuss Tajik-Afghan border management issues