Dushanbe hosts regional conference on HIV/AIDS issues
DUSHANBE, December 2, 2011, Asia-Plus -- Regional conference on the HIV-AIDS issues will take place in Dushanbe from December 5-6, according to the Ministry of Health (MoH).
Organized by the Ministry of Health in cooperation with CDC (United States), ICAP, UNAIDS, USAID, UNDP, WHO, UNODC, CARHAP and AFEW, the conference is expected to bring together more than 120 specialists in HIV/AIDS issues, researchers, representatives from public institutions and civil society, people living with HIV, as well as representatives of international organizations.
The conference members will also include more than 20 specialists in HIV/AIDS issues and experts from the CIS nations, including Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
According to the statistical data from the Ministry of Health, 3,555 HIV sufferers have been officially registered in Tajikistan to date. Independent experts, however, consider that the real number of HIV sufferers in the country is much higher that the official figure shows.
-  Companies carrying out exploration operations in Tajikistan report to Glavgeologiya
-  Two new industrial enterprises introduced into operation in Vahdat Township
-  Physician from border guard hospital claims that crippled soldier does not need surgery
-  National polio immunization campaign launched in Tajikistan
-  President lays foundation bricks of four 26-story apartment buildings in Vahdat Township
-  Mudslide washed away several houses in Khuroson. There are victims. A mudslide has happened again
-  Meeting of Security Council Secretaries of SCO member states is held in Dushanbe
-  Two children are the victims of the mudslide
-  Guo Shengkun: SCO States are under threat of “color revolutions”
-  IRPT Political Council considers Adalatov’s Detention Planned Action Against the Party