Dushanbe hosts regional conference on HIV/AIDS issues
DUSHANBE, December 2, 2011, Asia-Plus -- Regional conference on the HIV-AIDS issues will take place in Dushanbe from December 5-6, according to the Ministry of Health (MoH).
Organized by the Ministry of Health in cooperation with CDC (United States), ICAP, UNAIDS, USAID, UNDP, WHO, UNODC, CARHAP and AFEW, the conference is expected to bring together more than 120 specialists in HIV/AIDS issues, researchers, representatives from public institutions and civil society, people living with HIV, as well as representatives of international organizations.
The conference members will also include more than 20 specialists in HIV/AIDS issues and experts from the CIS nations, including Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
According to the statistical data from the Ministry of Health, 3,555 HIV sufferers have been officially registered in Tajikistan to date. Independent experts, however, consider that the real number of HIV sufferers in the country is much higher that the official figure shows.
-  One of Zayd Saidov’s defense lawyers arrested in Dushanbe
-  Tajikistan, Serbia vow to boost economic cooperation
-  President congratulates women on the Day of the Mother
-  CNPC’s subsidiary, Tajik state gas distributor sign agreement on establishing gas pipeline
-  Tajik parliamentary speaker receive head of OSCE Office in Tajikistan
-  Crimea: Human rights monitors urgently needed as journalists and activists face wave of attacks
-  Rahmon extends condolences over Afghan first vice-president’s death
-  Tajikistan reportedly tops CIS nations in terms of aviation fuel prices
-  Tajik, Russian MFA’s sign cooperation program for 2014
-  German company reportedly ready to participate in implementation of energy projects in Tajikistan