Dushanbe hosts regional conference on HIV/AIDS issues
DUSHANBE, December 2, 2011, Asia-Plus -- Regional conference on the HIV-AIDS issues will take place in Dushanbe from December 5-6, according to the Ministry of Health (MoH).
Organized by the Ministry of Health in cooperation with CDC (United States), ICAP, UNAIDS, USAID, UNDP, WHO, UNODC, CARHAP and AFEW, the conference is expected to bring together more than 120 specialists in HIV/AIDS issues, researchers, representatives from public institutions and civil society, people living with HIV, as well as representatives of international organizations.
The conference members will also include more than 20 specialists in HIV/AIDS issues and experts from the CIS nations, including Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
According to the statistical data from the Ministry of Health, 3,555 HIV sufferers have been officially registered in Tajikistan to date. Independent experts, however, consider that the real number of HIV sufferers in the country is much higher that the official figure shows.
-  The number of terrorism-related crimes reportedly increases in Tajikistan
-  SCNS reports huge drug haul; border guard officer involved in drug trafficking arrested
-  Tajik parliament speaker proposes to open Tajik schools in Moscow oblast
-  EU announces new development funding to Tajikistan for 2014-2020
-  Tajikistan reaches 70 percent of 2014 cotton target
-  Danish Crown Princess Mary visits the Pediatric Institute at the National Medical Center in Dushanbe
-  Tajik FM meets Danish Crown Princess Mary and WHO regional director for Europe
-  Tajik ruling party expected to nominate 68 candidates for the Majlisi Namoyandagon
-  USD exchange rate has risen in Tajikistan over the past week
-  Tajik, Russian parliaments sign cooperation agreement