Dushanbe hosts regional conference on HIV/AIDS issues
DUSHANBE, December 2, 2011, Asia-Plus -- Regional conference on the HIV-AIDS issues will take place in Dushanbe from December 5-6, according to the Ministry of Health (MoH).
Organized by the Ministry of Health in cooperation with CDC (United States), ICAP, UNAIDS, USAID, UNDP, WHO, UNODC, CARHAP and AFEW, the conference is expected to bring together more than 120 specialists in HIV/AIDS issues, researchers, representatives from public institutions and civil society, people living with HIV, as well as representatives of international organizations.
The conference members will also include more than 20 specialists in HIV/AIDS issues and experts from the CIS nations, including Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
According to the statistical data from the Ministry of Health, 3,555 HIV sufferers have been officially registered in Tajikistan to date. Independent experts, however, consider that the real number of HIV sufferers in the country is much higher that the official figure shows.
-  US financial services company puts Russia's credit rating below investment grade
-  CPT leader derides government for amendments proposed to the pension law
-  Tajik delegation participates in the 11th annual meeting of the IGC TRACECA in Istanbul
-  Greek singer Demis Roussos dead at 68
-  Three Tajiks reportedly killed in a terrorist attack at the Corinthia Hotel in Tripoli
-  SDP decides to participate in the 2015 parliamentary elections
-  Tajik foreign minister, OSCE Office head discuss cooperation issues
-  President Rahmon’s former high-school teacher fails to pass language test
-  HRW: Human rights situation deteriorates in Tajikistan in 2014
-  Auchan to enter Tajikistan’s market through Russia