Chormaghzak Tunnel renamed Khatlon Tunnel and Shar-Shar Tunnel renamed Ozodi Tunnel
DUSHANBE, February 12, 2014, Asia-Plus -- By government’s decree the Chormaghzak Tunnel was renamed Khatlon Tunnel.
The 4,430-kilometer Chormaghzak Tunnel, which is part of the Dushanbe-Vahdat-Danghara highway construction project, was introduced into operation on October 1, 2013. The tunnel has been constructed with the help of China. China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC) was the general contractor.
The tunnel has been dug under the Chormaghzak Pass, which is located some 35-40 kilometers southeast of Dushanbe. The estimated budget for construction of the Chormaghzak Tunnel is 68 million USD.
Besides, the Shar-Shar Tunnel was renamed Ozodi (Freedom) Tunnel. An official opening of this tunnel was held on August 30, 2009.
The tunnel, which is part of the road that runs from Dushanbe through Vahdat to Khatlon’s Danghara district, was also built with the help of China.
The construction of the Shar-Shar Tunnel, which is a 2,224 meters long tunnel, began in October 2006 and China provided a US$36 million grant for this project.
-  Two residents of Isfara were arrested for the extortion of $ 100 thousand from ex-migrant
-  Died a Head of the Journalists Union of Tajikistan Akbarali Sattorov
-  Emomali Rakhmon recalled the achievements of Kulyab in the years of independence
-  The seasonal decline of labor migration to Russia from Central Asia takes sustainable character
-  Half of the tickets for the match between the national teams of Tajikistan and Australia have been a
-  The Head of Tajik Interior Ministry and US Assistant Secretary of USA discussed the plans of securit
-  E. Rakhmon participated in the military parade in Beijing
-  Tajik President has highly appreciated the Huawei project "Safe City"
-  Shukurjon Zuhurov left a memorable mark under the "Tree of Peace" in New York
-  Saudi Arabia has declared the living conditions of Tajik pilgrims the best in the world