Chormaghzak Tunnel renamed Khatlon Tunnel and Shar-Shar Tunnel renamed Ozodi Tunnel
DUSHANBE, February 12, 2014, Asia-Plus -- By government’s decree the Chormaghzak Tunnel was renamed Khatlon Tunnel.
The 4,430-kilometer Chormaghzak Tunnel, which is part of the Dushanbe-Vahdat-Danghara highway construction project, was introduced into operation on October 1, 2013. The tunnel has been constructed with the help of China. China Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC) was the general contractor.
The tunnel has been dug under the Chormaghzak Pass, which is located some 35-40 kilometers southeast of Dushanbe. The estimated budget for construction of the Chormaghzak Tunnel is 68 million USD.
Besides, the Shar-Shar Tunnel was renamed Ozodi (Freedom) Tunnel. An official opening of this tunnel was held on August 30, 2009.
The tunnel, which is part of the road that runs from Dushanbe through Vahdat to Khatlon’s Danghara district, was also built with the help of China.
The construction of the Shar-Shar Tunnel, which is a 2,224 meters long tunnel, began in October 2006 and China provided a US$36 million grant for this project.
-  The New York Times rating: Tajikistan became the first in the Olympics in Rio for medals, next is th
-  In Dushanbe will be discussed the seismic safety of Central Asia
-  The Ministry of Finance is striving to form a balanced Budget in 2017
-  Tajik Ambassador presented credentials to Secretary General of the OIC
-  Tajik students won 4 bronze medals at the Asian mathematical Olympiad in Thailand
-  Seismologists of CA expressed condolences to the families of 267 died in the earthquake in Italy
-  In Beijing held consultations between the ministries of Tajikistan and China
-  The President: Over 80% Tajik citizens affiliated with the terrorists – illiterate youth
-  In 2017 Emomali Rakhmon will visit the Land of the Rising Sun
-  Central Asian countries discuss the prospects of creating a unified system of seismological observat