Bangladeshi textile enterprise seeks launch of cotton-processing JV in Tajikistan
DUSHANBE, November 20, Asia-Plus -- On Monday November 19, Asanali Karamaliyev, the deputy head of Tajikistan’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CII), met with visiting director of COSMOTEX in Bangladesh Kabeer Chovdhuree.
The source at a CCI said that in the course of the talks Mr. Chovdhuree said that his company is interested in establishing cooperation with Tajikistan and launching joint ventures for processing cotton and leather here.
According to CCI, COSMOTEX Bangladesh is a textile enterprise dealing with export-import operations, and the main purpose of the visit was for the COSMOTEX Bangladesh top manager to establish business contacts with Tajik companies and familiarize himself with economic situation and business environment in Tajikistan.
The CCI deputy head briefed the top manger of the COSMOTEX Bangladesh on privileges granted to foreign investors in Tajikistan as well as activities of CCI.
-  The Aga Khan deplores devastation in Syria, calls for islands of stability
-  Oil trade remains DAESH main income resource despite UNSC resolution
-  Russia’s Trading House expected to open in Tajikistan in mid-2016
-  Results of the World Bank’s high frequency Listening to Tajikistan survey available online
-  Ankara summons U.S. Ambassador John Bass over comments on Kurdish PYD in Syria
-  President Rahmon convenes meeting with senior security officials
-  Parliamentarians set date for referendum on constitutional amendments
-  Tajikistan approves amendments proposed to the country’s penal code
-  Tajikistan-Pakistan bilateral consultations held in Dushanbe
-  Afghan national detained with a large amount of hashish in Gorno Badakhshan
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not