Bangladeshi textile enterprise seeks launch of cotton-processing JV in Tajikistan
DUSHANBE, November 20, Asia-Plus -- On Monday November 19, Asanali Karamaliyev, the deputy head of Tajikistan’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CII), met with visiting director of COSMOTEX in Bangladesh Kabeer Chovdhuree.
The source at a CCI said that in the course of the talks Mr. Chovdhuree said that his company is interested in establishing cooperation with Tajikistan and launching joint ventures for processing cotton and leather here.
According to CCI, COSMOTEX Bangladesh is a textile enterprise dealing with export-import operations, and the main purpose of the visit was for the COSMOTEX Bangladesh top manager to establish business contacts with Tajik companies and familiarize himself with economic situation and business environment in Tajikistan.
The CCI deputy head briefed the top manger of the COSMOTEX Bangladesh on privileges granted to foreign investors in Tajikistan as well as activities of CCI.
-  WB: Strong structural reforms needed to accelerate economic growth in Tajikistan
-  A December 12 attack on SDP’s head office in Dushanbe has not yet been investigated
-  Regional Working Group on Judicial Capacity discusses judicial reforms in CA nations
-  Russian physicians agree to perform surgery on Tajik soldier
-  International race dedicated to Tajik Capital City Day held on April 19
-  The number of reported fraud crimes increases in Tajikistan
-  Primary aluminum and cotton fiber remain major export items for Tajikistan
-  Tajik-Turkmen economic cooperation commission meets in Ashgabat to discuss cooperation issues
-  C-JTSCC awards contracts with Tajikistan vendors in excess of one million USD
-  Tajik government endorses the list of banks authorized to purchase arms
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not