Bangladeshi textile enterprise seeks launch of cotton-processing JV in Tajikistan
DUSHANBE, November 20, Asia-Plus -- On Monday November 19, Asanali Karamaliyev, the deputy head of Tajikistan’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CII), met with visiting director of COSMOTEX in Bangladesh Kabeer Chovdhuree.
The source at a CCI said that in the course of the talks Mr. Chovdhuree said that his company is interested in establishing cooperation with Tajikistan and launching joint ventures for processing cotton and leather here.
According to CCI, COSMOTEX Bangladesh is a textile enterprise dealing with export-import operations, and the main purpose of the visit was for the COSMOTEX Bangladesh top manager to establish business contacts with Tajik companies and familiarize himself with economic situation and business environment in Tajikistan.
The CCI deputy head briefed the top manger of the COSMOTEX Bangladesh on privileges granted to foreign investors in Tajikistan as well as activities of CCI.
-  Tajikistan introduces new, improved approach to measuring poverty
-  Annual human rights meeting held in Dushane
-  WFP Inaugurates pilot school bakery in Tajikistan
-  CSTO member nations agree to sign agreement to combat terrorism
-  Remittances sent to Tajikistan from Russia through Unistream money transfer system rise 19%
-  Russian region seeks to import vegetable and fruit products from Tajikistan
-  Tajik experts do not exclude mass return of migrant workers from Russia
-  President orders to increase the number of female employees in the banking sector
-  Tajikistan intends to abolish tax on cotton fiber sales
-  Russia will continue providing assistance to Tajik counter narcotics agency
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not