Bangladeshi textile enterprise seeks launch of cotton-processing JV in Tajikistan
DUSHANBE, November 20, Asia-Plus -- On Monday November 19, Asanali Karamaliyev, the deputy head of Tajikistan’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CII), met with visiting director of COSMOTEX in Bangladesh Kabeer Chovdhuree.
The source at a CCI said that in the course of the talks Mr. Chovdhuree said that his company is interested in establishing cooperation with Tajikistan and launching joint ventures for processing cotton and leather here.
According to CCI, COSMOTEX Bangladesh is a textile enterprise dealing with export-import operations, and the main purpose of the visit was for the COSMOTEX Bangladesh top manager to establish business contacts with Tajik companies and familiarize himself with economic situation and business environment in Tajikistan.
The CCI deputy head briefed the top manger of the COSMOTEX Bangladesh on privileges granted to foreign investors in Tajikistan as well as activities of CCI.
-  Senior investigator at the Norak prosecutor’s office faces bribery charge
-  Hisor court expected to begin considering case of election official from the IRP on July 7
-  Tajikistan, EBRD discuss cooperation issues
-  IRP’s office in Sarband handed over to local state-run weekly
-  The list of Salafi literature banned in Tajikistan
-  The Council of the European Union adopts conclusions on the EU Strategy for Central Asia
-  Summer training launched for the Tajik armed forces
-  Rahmon offers Indonesia condolences over deadly plane crash
-  IRP launches appeal to guarantors of the inter-Tajik peace agreement
-  Have Tajik IS militants faked their own ‘martyrdoms’?
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not