Bangladeshi textile enterprise seeks launch of cotton-processing JV in Tajikistan
DUSHANBE, November 20, Asia-Plus -- On Monday November 19, Asanali Karamaliyev, the deputy head of Tajikistan’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CII), met with visiting director of COSMOTEX in Bangladesh Kabeer Chovdhuree.
The source at a CCI said that in the course of the talks Mr. Chovdhuree said that his company is interested in establishing cooperation with Tajikistan and launching joint ventures for processing cotton and leather here.
According to CCI, COSMOTEX Bangladesh is a textile enterprise dealing with export-import operations, and the main purpose of the visit was for the COSMOTEX Bangladesh top manager to establish business contacts with Tajik companies and familiarize himself with economic situation and business environment in Tajikistan.
The CCI deputy head briefed the top manger of the COSMOTEX Bangladesh on privileges granted to foreign investors in Tajikistan as well as activities of CCI.
-  Regions elect members of Tajikistan’s upper house of parliament
-  US Dept of State INL representatives evaluate activities of Tajik counternarcotics agency
-  Court in Sughd convicts 10 local men of being members of IMU
-  Tajik capital expected to host CSTO foreign ministers’ meeting in early April
-  Two senior drug control officers detained on suspicion of bribe taking
-  Security officer detained in Dushanbe on bribe allegations
-  Many Tajik nationals working in Yemen reportedly do not want to leave the country
-  CA companies to meet to discuss cooperation with Kazakhs and Russian commercial companies
-  Three other Tajiks fighting alongside ISIL militants reportedly killed in Iraq
-  UNHCR: Some 42,000 stateless persons live in Tajikistan
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not