Bangladeshi textile enterprise seeks launch of cotton-processing JV in Tajikistan
DUSHANBE, November 20, Asia-Plus -- On Monday November 19, Asanali Karamaliyev, the deputy head of Tajikistan’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CII), met with visiting director of COSMOTEX in Bangladesh Kabeer Chovdhuree.
The source at a CCI said that in the course of the talks Mr. Chovdhuree said that his company is interested in establishing cooperation with Tajikistan and launching joint ventures for processing cotton and leather here.
According to CCI, COSMOTEX Bangladesh is a textile enterprise dealing with export-import operations, and the main purpose of the visit was for the COSMOTEX Bangladesh top manager to establish business contacts with Tajik companies and familiarize himself with economic situation and business environment in Tajikistan.
The CCI deputy head briefed the top manger of the COSMOTEX Bangladesh on privileges granted to foreign investors in Tajikistan as well as activities of CCI.
-  Access to Asia-Plus News Agency’s website blocked again
-  Tajik ruling party expected to nominate 68 candidates for the Majlisi Namoyandagon
-  20 Tajik Islamists reportedly held for 'plot to blow up' road tunnels
-  EIB, Tajikistan continue development of joint projects
-  Tajikistan’s cotton fiber exports reportedly fall more than 41 percent
-  Deposits kept at Tajik banks reportedly rise nearly 18 percent
-  Tajik MP participates in working out CIS module law on local self-governance
-  Communists reportedly need 400,000 somoni to participate in the 2015 parliamentary elections
-  The President of the Czech Republic to pay an official visit to Tajikistan next month
-  IRP intends to create its faction in the parliament
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not