350 houses trapped under heavy snow in Muminobod
KULOB, February 22, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Houses of 350 families (totaling more than 3,000 people) in the Childukhtaron jamoat in Khatlon’s Muminobod district have been trapped under a heavy snow.
The Muminobod chairman Pirmad Zaripov told Asia-Plus by phone Wednesday afternoon that residents are worried that roofs of their houses can collapse under the heavy snow.
According to him, as much as 50 centimeters of snow have hit some areas in the district. In the administrative center, the snow cover is up to 30 centimeters, Zaripov added.
-  Afghanistan saw record levels of opium poppy cultivation in 2013 despite US efforts
-  EU-Tajikistan Cooperation Council meets in Luxembourg today
-  Tajikistan’s wheat imports reportedly rise more than 22 percent
-  Deposits kept at Tajik banks reportedly rise nearly 18 percent
-  Tajik drug control official participates in inter-regional anti-drug meeting in Qatar
-  Four defendants from Vahdat claim they suffered torture during the preliminary investigation
-  In Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, rumors of instability abound as fears of IS grow
-  Danish Crown Princess Mary to visit Tajikistan to promote mother and child health, immunization
-  Upper houses of Tajik and Russian parliaments to sign cooperation agreement
-  Tajik parliament speaker meets in Moscow representatives of Tajik Diasporas in Russia
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not