350 houses trapped under heavy snow in Muminobod
KULOB, February 22, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Houses of 350 families (totaling more than 3,000 people) in the Childukhtaron jamoat in Khatlon’s Muminobod district have been trapped under a heavy snow.
The Muminobod chairman Pirmad Zaripov told Asia-Plus by phone Wednesday afternoon that residents are worried that roofs of their houses can collapse under the heavy snow.
According to him, as much as 50 centimeters of snow have hit some areas in the district. In the administrative center, the snow cover is up to 30 centimeters, Zaripov added.
-  Head of Sogd: The agrarian reform has reduced the level of labor migration
-  Emomali Rahmon left for Kulyab
-  A planet in the solar system is named after Tajikistan
-  National Bank reports about a 33 percent increase in the volume of deposits
-  The balance of credits in Tajik banks has increased by 24%
-  A new ambassador of Ankara in Dushanbe has resigned even before started to work
-  As a result of reinforcement breakage in the Leningrad region was killed a Tajik migrant worker
-  On the Day of Knowledge some schools in the capital have abandoned flowers for teachers
-  E. Rakhmon is interested in new telecommunication technologies of Chinese ZTE
-  Dushanbe and Riyadh discussed the prospects of bilateral cooperation
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not