350 houses trapped under heavy snow in Muminobod
KULOB, February 22, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Houses of 350 families (totaling more than 3,000 people) in the Childukhtaron jamoat in Khatlon’s Muminobod district have been trapped under a heavy snow.
The Muminobod chairman Pirmad Zaripov told Asia-Plus by phone Wednesday afternoon that residents are worried that roofs of their houses can collapse under the heavy snow.
According to him, as much as 50 centimeters of snow have hit some areas in the district. In the administrative center, the snow cover is up to 30 centimeters, Zaripov added.
-  Residential customers in rural areas gradually getting regular power supply
-  Tajik MPs attend meetings of commissions of CIS, EAEC and CSTO parliamentary assemblies
-  Air fares have reportedly risen 95 percent in Tajikistan since the beginning of the year
-  Migrants Federation asks Russian president for permission to serve in Russian army
-  Two new industrial enterprises introduced into operation in Vahdat Township
-  Guo Shengkun: SCO States are under threat of “color revolutions”
-  IRPT Political Council considers Adalatov’s Detention Planned Action Against the Party
-  IMF Mission Arrived in Dushanbe
-  Russian MFA Replied to US State Department
-  Rahman Met with the Permanent UN Coordinator
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not