350 houses trapped under heavy snow in Muminobod
KULOB, February 22, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Houses of 350 families (totaling more than 3,000 people) in the Childukhtaron jamoat in Khatlon’s Muminobod district have been trapped under a heavy snow.
The Muminobod chairman Pirmad Zaripov told Asia-Plus by phone Wednesday afternoon that residents are worried that roofs of their houses can collapse under the heavy snow.
According to him, as much as 50 centimeters of snow have hit some areas in the district. In the administrative center, the snow cover is up to 30 centimeters, Zaripov added.
-  Delegation of Tajik ruling party visits China
-  Tajik capital gets diploma of the contest “The City You Want to Live In”
-  Tajik foreign minister meets EAS deputy secretary general in Brussels
-  Tajikistan asks Russia to simplify the system of tests for migrant workers
-  The number of terrorism-related crimes reportedly increases in Tajikistan
-  Access to Asia-Plus News Agency’s website blocked again
-  Tajikistan participates in the 16th CHINA MINING Conference and Exhibition 2014
-  Tajikistan’s cotton fiber exports reportedly fall more than 41 percent
-  Afghanistan saw record levels of opium poppy cultivation in 2013 despite US efforts
-  Deposits kept at Tajik banks reportedly rise nearly 18 percent
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not