350 houses trapped under heavy snow in Muminobod
KULOB, February 22, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Houses of 350 families (totaling more than 3,000 people) in the Childukhtaron jamoat in Khatlon’s Muminobod district have been trapped under a heavy snow.
The Muminobod chairman Pirmad Zaripov told Asia-Plus by phone Wednesday afternoon that residents are worried that roofs of their houses can collapse under the heavy snow.
According to him, as much as 50 centimeters of snow have hit some areas in the district. In the administrative center, the snow cover is up to 30 centimeters, Zaripov added.
-  Turkey reprotedly apologizes for shooting down Russian jet
-  Tajik president inaugurates AKDN projects in Gorno-Badakhshan
-  Dushanbe airport toughens security measures after attack at Istanbul airport
-  EU-funded CADAP discusses work plans with national partners in Tajikistan
-  Security measures to be toughened in Tajikistan’s mosques during Eid ul-Fitr
-  Suicide bombers, who committed terrorist attack at Istanbul airport were Tajiks, says Turkish media
-  Rahmon extends condolences to Erdogan over Istanbul attack
-  Putin extends Russia's Western food embargo until end of 2017
-  Japan signs grant agreement for the Human Resource Development Scholarship Project
-  Russia lifts travel restrictions to Turkey
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not