350 houses trapped under heavy snow in Muminobod
KULOB, February 22, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Houses of 350 families (totaling more than 3,000 people) in the Childukhtaron jamoat in Khatlon’s Muminobod district have been trapped under a heavy snow.
The Muminobod chairman Pirmad Zaripov told Asia-Plus by phone Wednesday afternoon that residents are worried that roofs of their houses can collapse under the heavy snow.
According to him, as much as 50 centimeters of snow have hit some areas in the district. In the administrative center, the snow cover is up to 30 centimeters, Zaripov added.
-  The sale of Roghun shares has earned the government 860 million somoni, says Tajik official
-  IS recruitment propaganda tries to dress up the realities of life as a romantic fairy tale
-  Afghanistan seeks Tajikistan’s support for improvement of cross-border trade
-  Mobilization training for reservists will be conducted in Tajikistan this year
-  Extremism rooted in atheism, irreligion, says Iranian ambassador to Tajikistan
-  The number of abduction cases reportedly increases significantly in Tajikistan
-  OSCE eighth annual human rights conference kicks off in Dushanbe today
-  PM visits disaster-affected villages in Rasht
-  Banking sector reportedly remains the most corrupt sphere in Tajikistan
-  OMON commander defecting to ISIL suffers from mental disease, says interior minister
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not