350 houses trapped under heavy snow in Muminobod
KULOB, February 22, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Houses of 350 families (totaling more than 3,000 people) in the Childukhtaron jamoat in Khatlon’s Muminobod district have been trapped under a heavy snow.
The Muminobod chairman Pirmad Zaripov told Asia-Plus by phone Wednesday afternoon that residents are worried that roofs of their houses can collapse under the heavy snow.
According to him, as much as 50 centimeters of snow have hit some areas in the district. In the administrative center, the snow cover is up to 30 centimeters, Zaripov added.
-  Tajikistan reduces flour imports
-  Kyrgyz researcher proposes to adopt Tajikistan’s experience in constructing small HPPs
-  World powers frighten Tajikistan with IS and Taliban threats, says Tajik expert
-  SCO officials gather in Moscow to discuss tourism industry development prospects
-  Tajik IS militants threaten 'jihad' at home
-  Kyrgyz authorities stop Tajiks from joining IS militants in Syria
-  ADB: Tajikistan is highly vulnerbale to external shocks
-  Conditions to enable the World Bank investment in Tajikistan’s agrarian sector
-  Saudi Arabia launches coalition operation against Houthi rebels in Yemen
-  Kuwait reportedly studies opportunities for investment in Tajikistan’s economy
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not