350 houses trapped under heavy snow in Muminobod
KULOB, February 22, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Houses of 350 families (totaling more than 3,000 people) in the Childukhtaron jamoat in Khatlon’s Muminobod district have been trapped under a heavy snow.
The Muminobod chairman Pirmad Zaripov told Asia-Plus by phone Wednesday afternoon that residents are worried that roofs of their houses can collapse under the heavy snow.
According to him, as much as 50 centimeters of snow have hit some areas in the district. In the administrative center, the snow cover is up to 30 centimeters, Zaripov added.
-  Dushanbe-Vahdat-Yovon railway expected to be introduced into operation next year
-  Many Tajiks unable to access popular Russian social-media site
-  Zayd Saidov’s lawyer faces charges of bribery, attempted crime and complicity in crime
-  Tajik physician attends 20th International AIDS Conference in Melbourne
-  This year, Tajikistan celebrates Idi Ramazon on July 28
-  Remittance flows from Russia to Tajikistan decline inconsiderably, says Tajik central bank head
-  Current gold and currency reserves of Tajikistan estimated at 1.147 billion USD
-  Chief of GBAO police directorate replaced
-  Alexander Sodiqov released from SCNS-run pretrial center on his own recognizance
-  Tajikistan significantly increases coal production
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not