350 houses trapped under heavy snow in Muminobod
KULOB, February 22, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Houses of 350 families (totaling more than 3,000 people) in the Childukhtaron jamoat in Khatlon’s Muminobod district have been trapped under a heavy snow.
The Muminobod chairman Pirmad Zaripov told Asia-Plus by phone Wednesday afternoon that residents are worried that roofs of their houses can collapse under the heavy snow.
According to him, as much as 50 centimeters of snow have hit some areas in the district. In the administrative center, the snow cover is up to 30 centimeters, Zaripov added.
-  Tajik human rights organizations concerned over arrest of defense lawyers
-  Deputy prime minister calls residents of Vorukh to calm and patience
-  Supreme court suspends execution of decision over the “intelligentsia criticism” case
-  Three arrested in Khujand for illegal gold trade
-  Spain refuses to extradite the Group 24 activist to Tajikistan
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not