350 houses trapped under heavy snow in Muminobod
KULOB, February 22, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Houses of 350 families (totaling more than 3,000 people) in the Childukhtaron jamoat in Khatlon’s Muminobod district have been trapped under a heavy snow.
The Muminobod chairman Pirmad Zaripov told Asia-Plus by phone Wednesday afternoon that residents are worried that roofs of their houses can collapse under the heavy snow.
According to him, as much as 50 centimeters of snow have hit some areas in the district. In the administrative center, the snow cover is up to 30 centimeters, Zaripov added.
-  Directory of mining companies operating in Tajikistan set up
-  Tajik-Polish cooperation issues discussed in Dushanbe
-  Tajik-Moldovan economic commission meets in Dushanbe
-  International and Central Asian collaboration generates innovative enrichment curriculum
-  OECD, FAO expect stronger production, lower prices over coming decade
-  Ministry of transport seeks contractor for construction of three-level traffic interchange in Dushan
-  More than 950 deported Tajik migrants allowed to return to Russia
-  Large scale exercises for reservists being conducted in Khatlon
-  Turkish Embassy provides food aid to 200 people in need in Holly Ramadan
-  PM gets acquainted with rehabilitation of flood protection embankment in Khatlon
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not