350 houses trapped under heavy snow in Muminobod
KULOB, February 22, 2012, Asia-Plus -- Houses of 350 families (totaling more than 3,000 people) in the Childukhtaron jamoat in Khatlon’s Muminobod district have been trapped under a heavy snow.
The Muminobod chairman Pirmad Zaripov told Asia-Plus by phone Wednesday afternoon that residents are worried that roofs of their houses can collapse under the heavy snow.
According to him, as much as 50 centimeters of snow have hit some areas in the district. In the administrative center, the snow cover is up to 30 centimeters, Zaripov added.
-  Meeting to discuss development of Tajikistan’s tourism industry takes place Dushanbe tomorrow
-  Three killed in traffic accident in northern Tajikistan
-  Head of IRP’s organization for Dushanbe replaced
-  Gradual elimination of violence against children in closed institutions of Tajikistan
-  Extraordinary joint session of both chambers of Tajik parliament scheduled for December 16
-  Tajik-born writer receives Russia's top literary award
-  Tajik FM attends closing ceremony of International Year of Water Cooperation in Mexico
-  ITC releases study about obstacles facing Tajik exporters in foreign markets
-  Unidentified persons beat dean from Khujand university to death
-  Temur Zulfiqorov arrives in Dushanbe next week
Earlier in the column
Articles by theme
Photo by topic
Photo coverage is not