245,000 foreign tourists visited Tajikistan last year
DUSHANBE, January 7, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a news conference in Dushanbe, Maliksho Nematov, head of Committee for Youth, Sports and Tourism Affairs under the Government Tajikistan, noted on January 7 that 51 events were planned to be held last year.
“Nineteen events were already held and thirty-one others are still under implementation,” said Nematov. “Only one planned event was not implemented.”
To develop tourism and related industries, the committee is seeking cooperation with international tourist companies and creating Tajikistan’s familiarization corners in other countries, he noted.
“344,000 foreign citizens visited Tajikistan last year; 245,000 of them are tourists, which is 62,000 people more than in 2011,” Nematov said, pointing to the necessity of improvement of infrastructure, advertising and service sector in the country.
-  Residential customers in rural areas gradually getting regular power supply
-  Tajik MPs attend meetings of commissions of CIS, EAEC and CSTO parliamentary assemblies
-  Air fares have reportedly risen 95 percent in Tajikistan since the beginning of the year
-  Migrants Federation asks Russian president for permission to serve in Russian army
-  Two new industrial enterprises introduced into operation in Vahdat Township
-  Guo Shengkun: SCO States are under threat of “color revolutions”
-  IRPT Political Council considers Adalatov’s Detention Planned Action Against the Party
-  IMF Mission Arrived in Dushanbe
-  Russian MFA Replied to US State Department
-  Rahman Met with the Permanent UN Coordinator