245,000 foreign tourists visited Tajikistan last year
DUSHANBE, January 7, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a news conference in Dushanbe, Maliksho Nematov, head of Committee for Youth, Sports and Tourism Affairs under the Government Tajikistan, noted on January 7 that 51 events were planned to be held last year.
“Nineteen events were already held and thirty-one others are still under implementation,” said Nematov. “Only one planned event was not implemented.”
To develop tourism and related industries, the committee is seeking cooperation with international tourist companies and creating Tajikistan’s familiarization corners in other countries, he noted.
“344,000 foreign citizens visited Tajikistan last year; 245,000 of them are tourists, which is 62,000 people more than in 2011,” Nematov said, pointing to the necessity of improvement of infrastructure, advertising and service sector in the country.
-  Collapse of Russian ruble affects many families in Tajikistan
-  More than 36,000 people reportedly provided with jobs in Tajikistan in Jan-Nov 2014
-  All Candidates to the Tajik Parliament will go through Police Background Check
-  50 Tajik nationals detained in FMS’s raid in Moscow
-  General Prosecutor: Muhammadbaqirov is in a Number of Criminal Cases
-  Central Asia’s largest textile enterprise to be built in Tajik president’s hometown
-  Eleven IMU members convicted in Sughd province
-  APT includes 15 candidates in its party list of the 2015 parliamentary election
-  President shakes up interior ministry
-  DPT includes four candidates in its party list for the 2015 parliamentary election