245,000 foreign tourists visited Tajikistan last year
DUSHANBE, January 7, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a news conference in Dushanbe, Maliksho Nematov, head of Committee for Youth, Sports and Tourism Affairs under the Government Tajikistan, noted on January 7 that 51 events were planned to be held last year.
“Nineteen events were already held and thirty-one others are still under implementation,” said Nematov. “Only one planned event was not implemented.”
To develop tourism and related industries, the committee is seeking cooperation with international tourist companies and creating Tajikistan’s familiarization corners in other countries, he noted.
“344,000 foreign citizens visited Tajikistan last year; 245,000 of them are tourists, which is 62,000 people more than in 2011,” Nematov said, pointing to the necessity of improvement of infrastructure, advertising and service sector in the country.
-  Prices decline but remain high as weather concerns increase, says WB report
-  Insurance company reportedly ready to support Tajik migrant workers
-  Zayd Saidov's Lawyers Ask to be Received by the President
-  Russia's Cabinet Approved Agreement on Cancelling Fuel Tariffs for Tajikistan
-  New Tajik foreign minister appointed
-  The first 15 trolleybuses assemble din Dushanbe go into service along routes in the Tajik capital
-  Tajikistan ranked 5th among the post Soviet states in terms of inflation rate
-  Amendments proposed to the country’s law on energy
-  New FM will protect Tajikistan’s national interests in proper manner, says expert
-  The 1st stage of construction of international terminal at DIA reportedly completed