245,000 foreign tourists visited Tajikistan last year
DUSHANBE, January 7, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a news conference in Dushanbe, Maliksho Nematov, head of Committee for Youth, Sports and Tourism Affairs under the Government Tajikistan, noted on January 7 that 51 events were planned to be held last year.
“Nineteen events were already held and thirty-one others are still under implementation,” said Nematov. “Only one planned event was not implemented.”
To develop tourism and related industries, the committee is seeking cooperation with international tourist companies and creating Tajikistan’s familiarization corners in other countries, he noted.
“344,000 foreign citizens visited Tajikistan last year; 245,000 of them are tourists, which is 62,000 people more than in 2011,” Nematov said, pointing to the necessity of improvement of infrastructure, advertising and service sector in the country.
-  Head of Sogd: The agrarian reform has reduced the level of labor migration
-  Emomali Rahmon left for Kulyab
-  A planet in the solar system is named after Tajikistan
-  National Bank reports about a 33 percent increase in the volume of deposits
-  The balance of credits in Tajik banks has increased by 24%
-  A new ambassador of Ankara in Dushanbe has resigned even before started to work
-  As a result of reinforcement breakage in the Leningrad region was killed a Tajik migrant worker
-  On the Day of Knowledge some schools in the capital have abandoned flowers for teachers
-  E. Rakhmon is interested in new telecommunication technologies of Chinese ZTE
-  Dushanbe and Riyadh discussed the prospects of bilateral cooperation