245,000 foreign tourists visited Tajikistan last year
DUSHANBE, January 7, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a news conference in Dushanbe, Maliksho Nematov, head of Committee for Youth, Sports and Tourism Affairs under the Government Tajikistan, noted on January 7 that 51 events were planned to be held last year.
“Nineteen events were already held and thirty-one others are still under implementation,” said Nematov. “Only one planned event was not implemented.”
To develop tourism and related industries, the committee is seeking cooperation with international tourist companies and creating Tajikistan’s familiarization corners in other countries, he noted.
“344,000 foreign citizens visited Tajikistan last year; 245,000 of them are tourists, which is 62,000 people more than in 2011,” Nematov said, pointing to the necessity of improvement of infrastructure, advertising and service sector in the country.
-  Kyrgyzstan seeks electricity from Turkmenistan
-  Training on management, marketing and export for BIOs being held in Dushanbe
-  Aslov leads Tajik delegation at Heart of Asia Ministerial Meeting in Beijing
-  Tajikistan reportedly reaches 83.3 percent of autumn conscription campaign target by Oct 31
-  The 1st OIC Investment Forum on Central Asia opens in Dushanbe
-  Tajikistan blocks access to the Facebook social network again
-  Japan supports enhancement of energy and health sectors in Gorno Badakhshan
-  President signs the amnesty law
-  President introduces a number of staff changes
-  Leader of Moscow-based “Tajik Labor Migrants” public association detained