245,000 foreign tourists visited Tajikistan last year
DUSHANBE, January 7, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a news conference in Dushanbe, Maliksho Nematov, head of Committee for Youth, Sports and Tourism Affairs under the Government Tajikistan, noted on January 7 that 51 events were planned to be held last year.
“Nineteen events were already held and thirty-one others are still under implementation,” said Nematov. “Only one planned event was not implemented.”
To develop tourism and related industries, the committee is seeking cooperation with international tourist companies and creating Tajikistan’s familiarization corners in other countries, he noted.
“344,000 foreign citizens visited Tajikistan last year; 245,000 of them are tourists, which is 62,000 people more than in 2011,” Nematov said, pointing to the necessity of improvement of infrastructure, advertising and service sector in the country.
-  Tajik ambassador meets delegation of Tajiks of Pakistan in Islamabad
-  ADB reforms procurement processes to improve project delivery
-  President Rahmon expected to pay visit to Gorno Badakhshan in early October
-  Prosecutor involved in Sunday’s fatal traffic accident near Hyatt Dushanbe Hotel
-  We will participate in the 2015 parliamentary elections with a smile on our lips, says IRP leader
-  Tajik government elaborates tourism development program for 2015-2020
-  Tajik writers attend the 80th anniversary of PEN International Congress in Bishkek
-  EDB: Outside investors unwilling to invest in Tajikistan due to high political risk
-  Asian Express Airlines lunches flights from Dushanbe to Astrakhan
-  Tajik media watchdog says the fatwa against anti-government agitation not obligatory