245,000 foreign tourists visited Tajikistan last year
DUSHANBE, January 7, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a news conference in Dushanbe, Maliksho Nematov, head of Committee for Youth, Sports and Tourism Affairs under the Government Tajikistan, noted on January 7 that 51 events were planned to be held last year.
“Nineteen events were already held and thirty-one others are still under implementation,” said Nematov. “Only one planned event was not implemented.”
To develop tourism and related industries, the committee is seeking cooperation with international tourist companies and creating Tajikistan’s familiarization corners in other countries, he noted.
“344,000 foreign citizens visited Tajikistan last year; 245,000 of them are tourists, which is 62,000 people more than in 2011,” Nematov said, pointing to the necessity of improvement of infrastructure, advertising and service sector in the country.
-  Missing girl found safe
-  Four defendants from Vahdat claim they suffered torture during the preliminary investigation
-  IRP intends to create its faction in the parliament
-  New charges reprotedly brought against jailed Tajik tycoon
-  In Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, rumors of instability abound as fears of IS grow
-  IPHR: Clerics support Tajik authorities to prevent perceived attempts to “destabilize” the situation
-  Tajikistan’s aluminum exports reportedly fall nearly 40 percent
-  Economic bloc ministries report to parliament on the 2014 budget administration process
-  Delegation of Tajik ruling party visits China
-  Tajikistan asks Russia to simplify the system of tests for migrant workers