245,000 foreign tourists visited Tajikistan last year
DUSHANBE, January 7, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a news conference in Dushanbe, Maliksho Nematov, head of Committee for Youth, Sports and Tourism Affairs under the Government Tajikistan, noted on January 7 that 51 events were planned to be held last year.
“Nineteen events were already held and thirty-one others are still under implementation,” said Nematov. “Only one planned event was not implemented.”
To develop tourism and related industries, the committee is seeking cooperation with international tourist companies and creating Tajikistan’s familiarization corners in other countries, he noted.
“344,000 foreign citizens visited Tajikistan last year; 245,000 of them are tourists, which is 62,000 people more than in 2011,” Nematov said, pointing to the necessity of improvement of infrastructure, advertising and service sector in the country.
-  Tajik ruling party expected to hold its pre-election congress on December 13
-  Two killed in meat processing plant fire in Qurghon Teppa
-  Over $5 million worth of goods produced by FEZ Sughd corporate residents in Jan-Aug 2014
-  The delegation of British Museum arrives in Tajikistan
-  Construction of oil refinery in Danghara discussed in Dushanbe
-  Tajik capital to host CIS chief prosecutors’ meeting this week
-  ‘Panoply’ of Islamic art opens in Toronto
-  Ashraf Ghani named Afghan president-elect
-  Tajik president signs decree on autumn conscription campaign
-  Tajik Main Geology Directorate, Geological Survey of Finland sign cooperation agreement