245,000 foreign tourists visited Tajikistan last year
DUSHANBE, January 7, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a news conference in Dushanbe, Maliksho Nematov, head of Committee for Youth, Sports and Tourism Affairs under the Government Tajikistan, noted on January 7 that 51 events were planned to be held last year.
“Nineteen events were already held and thirty-one others are still under implementation,” said Nematov. “Only one planned event was not implemented.”
To develop tourism and related industries, the committee is seeking cooperation with international tourist companies and creating Tajikistan’s familiarization corners in other countries, he noted.
“344,000 foreign citizens visited Tajikistan last year; 245,000 of them are tourists, which is 62,000 people more than in 2011,” Nematov said, pointing to the necessity of improvement of infrastructure, advertising and service sector in the country.
-  Tajik, Turkish MFAs conduct political consultations in Dushanbe
-  Temperatures expected to rise 7-12 degrees in Tajikistan in early July
-  Tajik central bank restricts operations of two small lending institutions
-  EC allocates €54 608 to help people affected by floods and landslides in Tajikistan
-  62-year-old resident of Qurghon Teppa detained in Dushanbe for drug peddling
-  Indian PM expected to pay an official visit to Tajikistan next week
-  Majlisi Namoyandagon board discusses amendments proposed to a number of laws
-  Yemen capital hit by car bomb attack claimed by ISIL militants
-  IRP’s office in Sarband handed over to local state-run weekly
-  Tajik defense minister attends SCO DM meeting in St. Petersburg