245,000 foreign tourists visited Tajikistan last year
DUSHANBE, January 7, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a news conference in Dushanbe, Maliksho Nematov, head of Committee for Youth, Sports and Tourism Affairs under the Government Tajikistan, noted on January 7 that 51 events were planned to be held last year.
“Nineteen events were already held and thirty-one others are still under implementation,” said Nematov. “Only one planned event was not implemented.”
To develop tourism and related industries, the committee is seeking cooperation with international tourist companies and creating Tajikistan’s familiarization corners in other countries, he noted.
“344,000 foreign citizens visited Tajikistan last year; 245,000 of them are tourists, which is 62,000 people more than in 2011,” Nematov said, pointing to the necessity of improvement of infrastructure, advertising and service sector in the country.
-  E. Rakhmon is concerned about the increase of crime among young people in Khatlon
-  Emomali Rakhmon expressed his condolences to the Prime Minister of Italy
-  Affected by the disaster the residents of Panjakent had moved into new houses
-  Presentation of a new project to support small business was held in Khorog
-  Sh. Zukhurov: Dilshod Nazarov made a great gift to the main holiday of Tajikistan
-  In Tajikistan was discovered the dead body of Russian climber on the peak Somoni
-  In Tajikistan was adopted the 15th Amnesty law
-  The border troops of Tajikistan refute their information on Taliban attack
-  The railway Dushanbe – Kurgan-Tyube – Kulyab will reduce the price of goods transportation by almost
-  Tajikistan is planned to turn into a developed industrial-agrarian country