245,000 foreign tourists visited Tajikistan last year
DUSHANBE, January 7, 2013, Asia-Plus -- In a report released at a news conference in Dushanbe, Maliksho Nematov, head of Committee for Youth, Sports and Tourism Affairs under the Government Tajikistan, noted on January 7 that 51 events were planned to be held last year.
“Nineteen events were already held and thirty-one others are still under implementation,” said Nematov. “Only one planned event was not implemented.”
To develop tourism and related industries, the committee is seeking cooperation with international tourist companies and creating Tajikistan’s familiarization corners in other countries, he noted.
“344,000 foreign citizens visited Tajikistan last year; 245,000 of them are tourists, which is 62,000 people more than in 2011,” Nematov said, pointing to the necessity of improvement of infrastructure, advertising and service sector in the country.
-  Yuri Glazyev’s Tajik fiancée released from pretrial detention center
-  Shahbol Mirzoyev’s relatives demand compensation from border for moral damage
-  Parliament expected to discuss draft national budget for 2015 tomorrow
-  Global Slavery Index 2014 estimates there are 29,500 Tajiks living in some forms of modern slavery
-  Current gold and currency reserves of Tajikistan estimated at 1.2 billion USD
-  Tajikistan’s winter preparations fall short
-  IMF recommends to restructure Barqi Tojik under a foreign management contract
-  Water prices to rise in Tajik capital
-  Tajik foreign minister pays official visit to Pakistan
-  Tajik capital makes preparations for National Flag Day